Notices

checking in from Sierra Vista, AZ

Old 12-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
ADV Rider
rawtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Damien
rawtaco's Tacoma Gallery
checking in from Sierra Vista, AZ

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. Have lurked for a while, and learned a ton. Have a 2003 Tacoma, V6 4x4 double cab. Proud to say I use it like a truck. Not hardcore off road, but have lived in snow country (Lake Tahoe), and now the desert, where 4wd has been a necessity. Only mods are Bilstein 5100s all around – what a nice difference. Have towed a 6x10’ trailer interstate, with two motorcycle and a sidecar loaded – this truck is a beast for a little guy. Did the timing belt service myself recently too.

My 4wd is not engaging, so I’m off to the tech forum to get some troubleshooting advice.

See you out there…
Old 12-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Yuma, az, hope its an easy fix
Old 12-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
You came to the right place.
Welcome to TW.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 12-06-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
sHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsHiBby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
sHiBby's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Laveen, Arizona. Hope you solve your problem. Love the picture of your doggy. I have myself a GSD
Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 AM   #7
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from San Tan Valley, AZ
Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
ADV Rider

rawtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everybody. Yes, that is my dog - he rolls with me everywhere.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I am in Sierra Vista too. Don't see too many on the boards from this area! Hope you get your 4WD issue fixed.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
welcome, im a hopeful future arizona transplant ... so sierra vista eh? Lots of problems with illegals down there still or not too bad, i remember reading an article on desert invasion about that area.

http://desertinvasion.us/invasion_pi...rra_vista.html
Old 12-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #12
ADV Rider

rawtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, we are at the center of the immigration problem. There are lots of illegals in the desert, no doubt about that. BUT, they pass through as fast as they can. You don't see them at Home Depot or in the restaurants or anything like that... that want out of here ASAP because there are thousands of Border Patrol agents on duty at any given time. I lived in California for 32 years, only recently moved here, and California seems like a sanctuary state compared to Arizona.

If you make it down to the Sierra Vista area, drive the "Border Road" (not on maps, you'll need a truck) from Coronado National Monument to Loquiel. It's an eye opener to see what the "real" border is like... there is no wall.