Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello all

Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #1
dukestacoma is on a distinguished road
dukestacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hello all

Hello all,
I purchased a 2007 acess cab V6 auto in March. I love it. This is my forth toyota pickup. First auto though, it will take time for me to get used someone else shifting for me. I does seem to shift a lot.
Does anyone else have a noticeable valve tap? If so, any suggestions on quieting it. Dealer told me it is normal.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
sak3358 is on a distinguished road

sak3358's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the group! I just picked one up last week myself. 330 miles so far. I think I may have a ticking sound also, but having read a number of posts it seems normal. There is also the dreaded surge. I finally felt one this last week while at a stop light. I'm sensitive to it and keep my feet firmly planted on the brakes so it's not a problem. If I know the unique qwirks ahead of time, then I'm not worried about it. Read through the posts here and you'll learn a great deal. BTW, Ladytaco is going to ask you to post a pic...get ready
Old 04-17-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Thanks sak3358...haven't felt any surge yet, but will keep my foot firmly planted on the brake at stops.
I've been reading that changing to a Mobil 1 filter and synthetic oil will stop the tick...have 2700 miles right now, will try it at 5K and see what happens.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW!

I have the 2.7L, but I do have the issues with "valve clatter". I have been told that it is normal by two different dealerships now. So, I am going to just deal with it. I have not had the surge issue yet, but I have a manual transmission. I probably won't notice any surge except on the tachometer...

Do you plan on making any mods to your truck?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW
Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Welcome to TW!

I have the 2.7L, but I do have the issues with "valve clatter". I have been told that it is normal by two different dealerships now. So, I am going to just deal with it. I have not had the surge issue yet, but I have a manual transmission. I probably won't notice any surge except on the tachometer...

Do you plan on making any mods to your truck?
I recently put a ARE truck cap on it...looks sharp...other than that maybe an air intake upgrade.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
There are a number of threads on here about intakes (both drop-in and CAI). If you do a search, you should find some great info...
Old 04-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #9
sweet taiwanese is on a distinguished road

sweet taiwanese's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
welcome dude post pics we like pics =) i have access to alldata so if you have questions about some thing with the truck mechanical or what ever just ask me
Old 04-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by evile View Post
welcome dude post pics we like pics =) i have access to alldata so if you have questions about some thing with the truck mechanical or what ever just ask me
No pics yet, but son...do you have any insight on the valve tapping??