Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Looking for 15 inch rims for 2007

Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
armyduck93 is on a distinguished road
Army: CPT, Logistics
armyduck93's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for 15 inch rims for 2007

I'm looking for 15 inch rims for winter use.
I have 2007 Access Cab, 2x4. Live in the Pacific NW.

Thanks,
Old 12-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Do you have base model (5-lug), or prerunner (6-lug)?

If you have a 6-lug, 15's won't clear the brake calipers.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
x2
Old 12-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #4
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Really? Check out wheelers offroad because I'm thinking about getting rid of my rims/tires and going with what they have..their 15" steelies.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) USS La Jolla (SSN 701) Veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I did not know the 6-lug brakes are different from the 5-lug brakes. I find that hard to believe.

Burden of proof is on you. loljk Good to know though.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Really? Check out wheelers offroad because I'm thinking about getting rid of my rims/tires and going with what they have..their 15" steelies.
Directly from their site:

"NOTE: OUR 15" WHEELS ARE DESIGNED SO THEY WILL FIT ON A 95-04 16" FACTORY EQUIPPED TACOMA!"

won't fit the 2nd gens.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I did not know the 6-lug brakes are different from the 5-lug brakes. I find that hard to believe.

Burden of proof is on you. loljk Good to know though.

Lol. My proof is that numerous people have found that 15's (and even a decent number of 16's) rub on the calipers of 6-lugs.

I know 15's fit the base because they come with 15's.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
everyone said 16s wud rub, thats why it personally took me a while to decide on my rims but in the end i got pro comp xtreme 7089s in 16s and they fit perfectly, its tight but doesnt rub!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
everyone said 16s wud rub, thats why it personally took me a while to decide on my rims but in the end i got pro comp xtreme 7089s in 16s and they fit perfectly, its tight but doesnt rub!

Plenty of people on here run 16's, but there are several 16" wheel models that rub the caliper.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Directly from their site:

"NOTE: OUR 15" WHEELS ARE DESIGNED SO THEY WILL FIT ON A 95-04 16" FACTORY EQUIPPED TACOMA!"

won't fit the 2nd gens.
Thanks for bursting my bubbles!! Lol that's my fault.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
VinceXR has a spectacular aura aboutVinceXR has a spectacular aura about

VinceXR's Tacoma Gallery
I've got some some 15 inch steelies 5-lugs I need to get out of the garage.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #12
efmugen will become famous soon enough

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceXR View Post
I've got some some 15 inch steelies 5-lugs I need to get out of the garage.
what kind of steelies are they? can we get a pic?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #13
VinceXR has a spectacular aura aboutVinceXR has a spectacular aura about

VinceXR's Tacoma Gallery
Oops. Scratch that, they're 16s.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #14
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Will 15's work with like a 3" wheel spacer?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:00 AM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will 15's work with like a 3" wheel spacer?
Not sure. The arctic trucks run 15's, but they have 10" wheel spacers IIRC.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #16
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

10" Wheel Spacers?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They're all custom built. I don't think they have the Tacoma or Hilux axles in them when they're finished building. They showed the build-out of one on TV and it had different axles but that could depend on who's doing the work. They're like 5.83 (?) gearing when they're done but they do run a 15" wheel.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
They're all custom built. I don't think they have the Tacoma or Hilux axles in them when they're finished building. They showed the build-out of one on TV and it had different axles but that could depend on who's doing the work. They're like 5.83 (?) gearing when they're done but they do run a 15" wheel.
Yeah you are right.

But, there was a guy on here about a year ago who has an "arctic-like" truck. It was privately built, not by Arctic Trucks, and he noted he had 10" wheel spacers to get the 15's to fit.

I'm trying to find the link now.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:47 AM   #19
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Ha, I'm an idiot. It was only 10mm spacers, not 10". I knew something sounded horribly wrong there.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eels-last.html
Old 04-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
Tacogray is on a distinguished road
Name: Fernando
Tacogray's Tacoma Gallery
15 vs 16 inch wheels

Quote:

Thanks for the info I was just posting a question about 15 vs 16 inch wheels on my 2010 taco