Notices

New Owner to a Not so new Taco...

Old 12-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Tozankyaku is on a distinguished road
Name: CJ
Tozankyaku's Tacoma Gallery
New Owner to a Not so new Taco...

Hey All,

I just recently got my first Tacoma. It's a 2000 with 144k on it, but it seemed pretty well taken care of and is damn pretty when it's clean. I was told that it's just a regular Tacoma, but I'm not sure that's right, because it's a 4x4 and i couldn't find that at all when i started looking for parts... maybe y'all can chime in on that one.

while i love it already, i cant wait to add a few personal touches, ( fog lights, tweak it a little to get a few more MPG and or horse power out of my 2.7l engine and or whatever esle peeks into my twisted little brain while i lurk on the boards. anyhow, i will just thank you guys for your help in advance... the wealth of knowledge on here is fantastic!! anyhow good to meet you guys!

Mahalo,

CJ
Old 12-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw! got any pics?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
x ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shedx ynot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
x ynot's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.......
Old 12-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #7
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. If you take a look under the front bumper and find a tow hook on the passenger side then it's probably an sr5.

I find this to be more helpful then the paper manual.
http://manualspace.com/toyota-tacoma...ice-manual.htm
Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Tozankyaku is on a distinguished road
Name: CJ
Tozankyaku's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

Lead- It had both drivers and passengers side tow hooks... don't know if that clarifies things...
Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozankyaku View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

Lead- It had both drivers and passengers side tow hooks... don't know if that clarifies things...
Ok, then somebody has probably added tow hooks to it. My sr5 has a hook passenger, but not driver side.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #10
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ohio...