Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New Here

Old 12-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
getsideways87 is on a distinguished road
Name: Micaiah
getsideways87's Tacoma Gallery
New Here

Hi im Micaiah , new to this particular forum , and buying my first Tacoma within the next few days .
Hopefully some of the members can help me out or give me tips about purchasing a brand new truck .
Im looking to get an 2011 4cyl access cab , Haven't decided 5speed or auto (need help here) , I certainly dont mind stick shift but im curious as to how much better mileage and resale ECT. differs between the 2 , It seems minimal , correct me if im wrong.

Also my main concern is mileage ill be getting a 4wd to help combat Wi winters and i understand these trucks dont improve much for mileage besides the free air filter mod + a drop in difference is once again minimal >1mpg.

Lastly are any of the tacoma packages (prerunner, SR5) worth the extra dollar amount in the resale market if it ever comes to that.
Thanks for your input.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Some of the manual guys have been having issues with throw out bearings. As far as resale value, they are all good. I think at minimum I would get a SR-5 package. Good Luck with purchase.

PS Pre-Runner are only 2x4.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ohio and enjoy your new Taco...
Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from CT....and I think the manual transmission problems have been mostly with the 6 - speed. I love my 4 banger, manual, 4WD. Unless I've missed it, I haven't seen many complaints about the 5-speed transmission.
Enjoy!
Try the seats in the Base, SR5, and TRD packages. There is a difference.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
Thanks for the heads up about the seats , the local dealer found one that is appealing , Black 11 access cab, 5 speed, 4WD, Tan interior, SR5 with hitch, bedliner.
Mark what kinda mileage are you seeing ?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 12-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/options.html

According to here they dont offer the TRD package on the 4cyl 4X4 , their website has been wrong before though , is this true?