Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

First Tacoma

Old 12-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #1
1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1x1's Tacoma Gallery
First Tacoma

Brought it home yesterday, really excited to finally have one after a month of searching. Its a 1999 SR5 TRD with an ARB bumper, warm winch and Air Lift load bags. 135k miles and I can't find any surface rust on the body and the frame looks to be in good shape. The tires are mismatched brands but they are all the same size, planning a lift and new wheels in a couple of months so it wasn't a bid deal.

Today I'm doing the grey wire mod, fixing the tailgate (won't open and there is a broken plastic piece) and finding out why the left speaker don't work with the aftermarket stereo.

Looking for a rear bumper since it was towed on it bending it, cracking the chrome and causing corrosion at the ball mount. 2" Lift coming this spring with 32" tires, the shocks look original and are due for replacement anyway.

Great info on the site and glad to have found it.

Old 12-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #2
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. My first Taco was red.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #3
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm...'99 Xtra cab...good choice!
Welcome! Sounds like you've already got lots of mods planned...TW sort of has that affect on people.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Dang dude you couldnt have chose a better truck!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 AM   #7
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Good lookin truck you picked out
Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1x1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! The grey wire mod is done and the tailgate is fixed. Now its time to take it for a spin and do some ice fishing. The stereo can wait.

I previously had a Jeep that I put a 4" lift with 33s on it among other things; I sold that a few years ago. So mods are nothing new in my garage. I knew I would eventually end up with a Tacoma and the right one finally came along.

It will be my weekend vehicle for fishing/hunting/camping and pulling my fishing boat in the summer.