1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

how do i post big pics, instead of attaching files so that they are bigger

Discussion in 'New Members' started by bgdeer1, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Dec 20, 2010 at 10:58 AM
    bgdeer1

bgdeer1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    minooka il
    Vehicle:
    tacoma prerunner
    3 inch lift in back 1 1/2 front. 31' mesa A/T's. Alpine deck, alpine speakers, l5 kicker solo baric sub
    attaching files makes pics smaller. How do u post pics so that it appears under the text in full size?

2. Dec 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Post the picture click on the thumbnail get the bigger picture location URL and post it again. Unless the bigger version is on the web somewhere like Imageshack I don't think there is any other way on this forum.

Like just edit your post. I don't think you can remove the thumbnail after posting but I could be wrong. Never tried.

3. Dec 20, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Use the IMG link off of your picture hosting site. (copy,paste).

If you dont have a pic hosting site, photobucket is a good free one, that has a easy copy paste feature with the IMG link.

Download pics there, lay your cursor over the IMG tag at the bottom, and you can left click for a copy, then back on here for a right click paste onto the body of the new post,,easy!.

4. Dec 31, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    Go to your gallery, click on a picture, copy the link UNDER the picture, then paste it in your response

5. Dec 31, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Some of the VBulletin forums will resize the pic if it is to big. This is a VBulletin forum setup and it seems to resize even the big pics I post. you want to keep them within the borders, don't want peeps having to slidebar over and up to see your pic, because that sucks.

Photobucket seems to recognize the pic size and set it up to fit in most forums,,at least thats my thoughts. I havent had to adjust a pic size in a long time since changing over to photobucket, no matter what quality or angle I snap a pic at.

But to answer your original question, the IMG url tags copied and pasted should put your pics at the size you want, instead of thumbnailing them.

Check your post with a "preview" look to see if it is the way you want it to look.

6. Dec 31, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    When you upload to Photobucket, it is best to reduce the image size slightly so the forum isn't distorted off the screen... Picking the 800 pixel wide size BEFORE uploading will give a full screen image and not distort the page for folks on 15" monitors. The next size down is also a big photo for message boards.
    The uploading options link is just below the final button for uploading on Photobucket.

Products Discussed in

To Top