Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

how do i post big pics, instead of attaching files so that they are bigger

Old 12-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
bgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura aboutbgdeer1 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: gunna
bgdeer1's Tacoma Gallery
how do i post big pics, instead of attaching files so that they are bigger

attaching files makes pics smaller. How do u post pics so that it appears under the text in full size?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You need to use photobucket, imageshack or similar hosting site then copy the IMG links and post them in your post. You can also click on your own attachment then click on the picture and it will open in a new tab. Copy the url to the picture then use the photo button and paste the url.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Post the picture click on the thumbnail get the bigger picture location URL and post it again. Unless the bigger version is on the web somewhere like Imageshack I don't think there is any other way on this forum.

Like just edit your post. I don't think you can remove the thumbnail after posting but I could be wrong. Never tried.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Use the IMG link off of your picture hosting site. (copy,paste).

If you dont have a pic hosting site, photobucket is a good free one, that has a easy copy paste feature with the IMG link.

Download pics there, lay your cursor over the IMG tag at the bottom, and you can left click for a copy, then back on here for a right click paste onto the body of the new post,,easy!.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
Mod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shedMod is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Mod's Tacoma Gallery
Some of the VBulletin forums will resize the pic if it is to big. This is a VBulletin forum setup and it seems to resize even the big pics I post. you want to keep them within the borders, don't want peeps having to slidebar over and up to see your pic, because that sucks.

Photobucket seems to recognize the pic size and set it up to fit in most forums,,at least thats my thoughts. I havent had to adjust a pic size in a long time since changing over to photobucket, no matter what quality or angle I snap a pic at.

But to answer your original question, the IMG url tags copied and pasted should put your pics at the size you want, instead of thumbnailing them.

Check your post with a "preview" look to see if it is the way you want it to look.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
When you upload to Photobucket, it is best to reduce the image size slightly so the forum isn't distorted off the screen... Picking the 800 pixel wide size BEFORE uploading will give a full screen image and not distort the page for folks on 15" monitors. The next size down is also a big photo for message boards.
The uploading options link is just below the final button for uploading on Photobucket.