Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Got bit by the mod bug

Old 08-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
ianjacks is on a distinguished road
ianjacks's Tacoma Gallery
Got bit by the mod bug

Hey there, im a proud owner of a Indigo ink 08 crew cab, TRD sport, manual transmision short box. It's my first truck and my first new vehicle ever. Ive had it now for just under a year and the honeymoon is not over yet. Everytime I get in it I think what a great decision it was not to have purchased the cheaper, ugly ford F150.

All I have done to it so far is added the skid plate and a sirrius radio mounted infront of the gearshift. I have big plans for it but just not the funds to do so yet. My first order of business is of course a lift kit with wheels and tires. Im pretty sure I just want a 3" lift and totally unsure of the rims and tires I want (any sugestions?). Also I want to do the exhaust complete with a cold air intake. Also I would love to put in the carbon fiber pieces found in the 07 yamaha edition (anyone know how to get their hands on those?).

Any advice on what 3" lift kit works and what wheel size and tires I need for offroad and highway use would be much appreciated. Going for that clean tough truck look.

Cheers
Old 08-16-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Welcome to TW.All the info you're looking for is already in here.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
Banned
YoYo_32757 will become famous soon enough
YoYo_32757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianjacks View Post
Hey there, im a proud owner of a Indigo ink 08 crew cab, TRD sport, manual transmision short box. It's my first truck and my first new vehicle ever. Ive had it now for just under a year and the honeymoon is not over yet. Everytime I get in it I think what a great decision it was not to have purchased the cheaper, ugly ford F150.

All I have done to it so far is added the skid plate and a sirrius radio mounted infront of the gearshift. I have big plans for it but just not the funds to do so yet. My first order of business is of course a lift kit with wheels and tires. Im pretty sure I just want a 3" lift and totally unsure of the rims and tires I want (any sugestions?). Also I want to do the exhaust complete with a cold air intake. Also I would love to put in the carbon fiber pieces found in the 07 yamaha edition (anyone know how to get their hands on those?).

Any advice on what 3" lift kit works and what wheel size and tires I need for offroad and highway use would be much appreciated. Going for that clean tough truck look.

Cheers
Welcome!!!!
Check the forums....but a Bilstein coil-overs and an ad-a-leave in the rear works wonders! Seems like you got BIG plans...just be sure to post pics!
Old 08-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW ianjacks. we will help you flatten your wallet. but don't worry it only stings for about the first year
Old 08-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
Banned
YoYo_32757 will become famous soon enough
YoYo_32757's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
welcome to TW ianjacks. we will help you flatten your wallet. but don't worry it only stings for about the first year
Or TWO.....if you have a real itch!
Just give US your card number...we'll handle everything for you! You DID say yours was an '05 right! Wait...that's mine..........sorry!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
ha.....the wife asked me if it was ever going to stop, she seen the list of "need to do's". I bet she can't wait until hunting season starts to get my mind on something else.
ianjacks....pace yourself, alot to soak in mod's wise. Take it from me "the more you look...the more you want to do"