Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Sr5 or trd sport

Old 08-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
p0ms is on a distinguished road
p0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Sr5 or trd sport

Hey Im new to the forum and was looking to get an 08 double cab and I was wondering whats the major differences between the SR5 and TRD SPORT packages?
Old 08-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
first off. welcome to tacoma world p0ms
off the top of my head. suspension, hood w/ scoop, color matched rear bumper, mirrors, etc.. and seats
Old 08-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
welcome...also add LSD and bed outlet to those
Old 08-17-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, both earlier responses were correct, but let me add to this. I wanted an off road, ended up with an SR5 and have found that I am just fine with out the extras, I still want an Off Road but not enough to trade my truck. There is a lot of money tied to the TRD packages, choose wisely.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Canyonman is on a distinguished road
Name: Sven
Canyonman's Tacoma Gallery
Let's not forget the 17" wheels
Old 09-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #7
beeesmitty is on a distinguished road

beeesmitty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
welcome...also add LSD and bed outlet to those

Doesn't the sr5 also have the same auto LSD? Do the Sports still have a mechanical LSD? I thought they were all the same??
Old 09-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeesmitty View Post
Doesn't the sr5 also have the same auto LSD? Do the Sports still have a mechanical LSD? I thought they were all the same??
Yes

No

Yes
Old 09-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Yes

No

Yes

So they all have Auto LSD, None have mechanical anymore. Sport and Sr5 have TRAC and off road has ATRAC. So there should be no difference in the sport and sr5 as far as traction control goes, am I right?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Holy old thread revival
Old 09-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So they all have Auto LSD, None have mechanical anymore. Sport and Sr5 have TRAC and off road has ATRAC. So there should be no difference in the sport and sr5 as far as traction control goes, am I right?
They all have TRAC , including the Offroad , but only the Offroad 4x4's have ATRAC
Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
They all have TRAC , including the Offroad , but only the Offroad 4x4's have ATRAC

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Holy old thread revival
heh, I just seen that.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
heh, I just seen that.
Don't worry about it , if you had started a new thread on this subject you would have got your ass handed to you for not searching