1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help the new guy

Discussion in 'New Members' started by McGettn it, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Dec 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    McGettn it

McGettn it [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Charlotte
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Hey all! I'm 16 and just got my first truck which is a Tacoma and i love it! I found this site and it seems to be very helpful so thank you to everyone who contributes! However, i know nearly nothing about cars and trucks. If anybody has any suggestions as to how i can learn everything that is needed to know about the tacoma (such as parts, tips, etc) you'd be doing me a huge favor. Also, i have been saving up to buy something for my truck, i have about $800 right now and would like to buy either some kind of black rims, big tires, sound system or an in-dash navigation/dvd player. Any ideas/recommendations would be great. I have a 2007 super White Tacoma with the sport TRD package. Thank you!

[​IMG]

2. Dec 26, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Howdy, and congrats! If you haven't checked it out already, your first stop should be the Mods and Tutorials section:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/7174-2nd-gen-tips-mods-more.html

Do some browsing and reading on standard maintenance things, like oil changes, filters, etc. Learn how to take care of your truck before you start putting bells and whistles on it. The members here have put together some great how-to threads. You can save a lot of money by doing your own simple required maintenance on a regular schedule. Insurance, gas, etc., all add up. Get a feel for the cost of just running your truck before you buy new toys for it. (Yes, I am talking like an old fart, but I guess that is what I am.)

Learning about your truck is fun, and will give you what money can't: a sense of accomplishment and pride!

Oh, and you are a lucky dude to have such a nice truck at such a young age. Don't take it for granted! ;)

3. Dec 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    McGettn it

McGettn it [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Charlotte
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    Thanks a lot!

4. Dec 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    That is a 2007?? It looks like either an 09'-10' cause of the gray grill and gray headlights.:cool:

5. Dec 27, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2023 White TRD Off-Road doublecab
    Congrats and welcome to the site! Best advice is to log onto this forum as much as possible: when you wake up, during breaks at school, after school, after dinner, and on weekends and read, read, read every thread that has been created on this site.

Products Discussed in

To Top