Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Help the new guy

Old 12-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
McGettn it is on a distinguished road
Name: Max
McGettn it's Tacoma Gallery
Help the new guy

Hey all! I'm 16 and just got my first truck which is a Tacoma and i love it! I found this site and it seems to be very helpful so thank you to everyone who contributes! However, i know nearly nothing about cars and trucks. If anybody has any suggestions as to how i can learn everything that is needed to know about the tacoma (such as parts, tips, etc) you'd be doing me a huge favor. Also, i have been saving up to buy something for my truck, i have about $800 right now and would like to buy either some kind of black rims, big tires, sound system or an in-dash navigation/dvd player. Any ideas/recommendations would be great. I have a 2007 super White Tacoma with the sport TRD package. Thank you!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #2
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Howdy, and congrats! If you haven't checked it out already, your first stop should be the Mods and Tutorials section:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mods-more.html

Do some browsing and reading on standard maintenance things, like oil changes, filters, etc. Learn how to take care of your truck before you start putting bells and whistles on it. The members here have put together some great how-to threads. You can save a lot of money by doing your own simple required maintenance on a regular schedule. Insurance, gas, etc., all add up. Get a feel for the cost of just running your truck before you buy new toys for it. (Yes, I am talking like an old fart, but I guess that is what I am.)

Learning about your truck is fun, and will give you what money can't: a sense of accomplishment and pride!

Oh, and you are a lucky dude to have such a nice truck at such a young age. Don't take it for granted!
Old 12-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
McGettn it is on a distinguished road
Name: Max
McGettn it's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot!
Old 12-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
That is a 2007?? It looks like either an 09'-10' cause of the gray grill and gray headlights.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and welcome to the site! Best advice is to log onto this forum as much as possible: when you wake up, during breaks at school, after school, after dinner, and on weekends and read, read, read every thread that has been created on this site.