Notices

Hey ppl!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
ursusmajor is on a distinguished road
Army: 2-11 INF
Name: Drew
ursusmajor's Tacoma Gallery
Hey ppl!

Just joined and wanted to say hello! I've been lurking for a few weeks and there is a ton of great info here. I should take delivery of my new truck on the 3rd of Jan. assuming all goes well (it better - buying was a huge hassle).

Although I certainly don't have much mechanical knowledge, I am a 'do-it-yourselfer' and usually will attempt almost any upgrade or fix. Sometimes this results in having my vehicles towed to be repaired by competent people . If I see a mechanical question that I know something about, I'll try and post about my experience. Most of my mech experience comes from working on motorcycles which is also the main purpose of my truck. I will use it to haul bikes to racetracks and areas of the country that are far from home.

Thanks for providing this great Taco resource,

--Drew
Old 12-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Portland Oregon!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #4
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

Did you go with the sport or off-road? Color? Access cab or double cab?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye12 View Post
Welcome to TW!

Did you go with the sport or off-road? Color? Access cab or double cab?
I ended up going with the offroad since I do a fair bit of fishing and am replacing a Jeep Wrangler. I chose the access cab because, once again, I'm not used to having much room in the back anyway (try getting 2 adults in a Wrangler backseat -- not comfortable) and I've got garaging issues and couldn't get the double with the full size bed.

The color is the silver streak mica. I was sort of unsure and I haven't seen it in person yet, but the pictures are startin to grow on me .

I just got the news it will be here tomorrow at 2:00PM EST... VERY PUMPED!

--D
Old 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures are expected! Sounds like you got exactlly what you wanted. Hope you love your taco as much as all of us do!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW congrats on the new truck soon!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #8
Picked up the truck today and lovin' it so far! I haven't shot any pics yet but certainly will tomorrow.

I've always owned a manual transmission vehicle so I chose a manual trans for my Tacoma. It's taking a little getting-used-to as the clutch doesn't really seem to disengage right away if you're used to performing speedy shifts. In searching thru the forums this is by design. It doesn't really bother me but just seems odd... apparently this is an environmental consideration due to increased oil vaporization under high pressures as the clutch disengages...?

I can't complain at all about the ride. Hell, I'm coming from a vehicle that causes you to lose teeth when you go over a manhole cover so ANYTHING is better . I plan on mounting a Pit Bull trailer restraint system for the bike as soon as the weather is comfortable to work but I haven't really planned too many mods. Most of the modding I do is for my bikes and I don't know if the wallet can handle two modding addictions but we'll see....

--Drew
Old 12-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW