Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

valve stem breaking

Old 01-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: boat coxswain,USS SIMON LAKE AS-33
Name: carl
boatswain's Tacoma Gallery
valve stem breaking

has anyone had this problem with the metal valve stems on the tpms breaking off ? I have seen this several times. the ones I saw broke around the last thread for the valve cap. it seems like they're very weak in this area.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Ive never heard of it happening, welcome to TW
Old 01-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
boatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shedboatswain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

found 1 posting about valve stem breaking. exactly the same thing that happened in one instance I know of. (posted by jpm71) I wonder how common this is?
Old 01-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
SUPMO72 is on a distinguished road

SUPMO72's Tacoma Gallery
I see it all the time, mostly in states that use salt on the roads in winter time. Warm weather states will almost never see it.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
larryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlarryde09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Vet: C-17 Avionics Engineer; Electrical Research Engineer
Name: Larry
larryde09's Tacoma Gallery
The valve stem broke on my spare. The stem is integrated with the TPMS, so it is expensive to replace and you may have a hard time finding a shop that will register the new TPMS for a reasonable price. Toyota will do it for over $100, but I was lucky enough to get a shop to do it for free.

See my thread here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...tpms-help.html
Old 01-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #6

yup. the other instance I know of involved metal caps. he broke 4 stems off. luckily the dealer replaced them under warranty. i'm wandering if big brother,in an attempt to keep us safer, has'nt created an unsafe product. these stems seem awfull weak. right now mine are in a "pipe bomb". universal strap kit is ordered. the sensors will be inside the wheels and out of harms way-I hope! used knowledge from tacoma world forums-thanks guys.