Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My First Vehicle!

Old 01-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Radius22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Michael
Radius22's Tacoma Gallery
My First Vehicle!

Parent's got me a Tacoma for a late Christmas present! Been looking on craigslist all over Texas 24/7 for a cheap one but didnt really have any luck. How my dad was able to find and trade for it, idk.. lol. So I have also been doing alot of homework on 'em and have ALOT of ideas I want to do to the truck.

When I first:

As it sat a week later:

How it sits today:

Current Mods:
- 2.5" spacers in the front w/ 2" blocks in the rear (temporary)
- Raceline Raptors wrapped in 305/70-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac's with 2" SpiderTrax spacers
- Custom behind the seat sub and speaker boxes
- Magna Flow 40 series exhaust
- Bushwhacker fender flares
- White undercarriage LED's that turn on with door chime
- Custom satoshi grill

Future Mods:
- Grill back light
- Retrofit headlights
- Custom fishing pole hitch holder
- Intake
- Light Bar
- Custom front and rear steel bumpers
- OEM 3" lift
Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck welcome to tw1!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck...well all except for the regular cab part

Suspensions...check these threads out. A bunch of us 1st gen owners went through some upgrades last spring. These might be helpful to you (lots more info out there too)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...placement.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ades-asap.html

Fender flares...Bushwackers are popular but before you buy them consider what you will be buying for tires later on. If you're planning on going with a lift and larger tires (33's) you may need different flares - cutouts vs. extend-a-fenders.

And welcome to TW!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #5
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery

I love single cabs!

welcome to TW.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
*hands Steve O a napkin*

Don't drool on the kid's truck...he just washed it!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
*hands Steve O a napkin*

Don't drool on the kid's truck...he just washed it!!
thank you lol

I wouldn't have cared if someone drooled on my first car since the napkin was worth more than it.

Oh and OP, I am one of the happy customers from the wheelers leaf spring group buy Mtgirl linked you to. Wheelers and downsouth motorsports are the places to go for suspension.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
gpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedgpend5.7sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
gpend5.7sport's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from houston
Old 01-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
nice... welcome