Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Can't decide on an A/T Tire?????

Old 01-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Extreme2 is on a distinguished road
Extreme2's Tacoma Gallery
Can't decide on an A/T Tire?????

Have been looking at A/T tires and cannot decide. Have looked at the following : Cooper Discover ATR 265/75/16, Definity Dakota A/T, General Grabber A/T2, Firestone Destination A/T, and Delta makes some inexpensive tires. I have had Goodyear and BFGoodrich in the past and they ware too fast and way too expensive. I want the most bang for the buck. Aggresive tread with good ware at a good price. Any suggestions ?? Leaning towards the Cooper right now .....
Old 01-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of guys on here have Nitto Terra Grapplers and they all say its a really good A/T tire and the prices arent to bad.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
MAtrdguy is on a distinguished road

Army: 101st Airborne Div
Name: Pete
MAtrdguy's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone Destination A/T's !!! GREAT tire !!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
I have COOPER DISCOVERER STT's in 305/70/16 Cost me $234.50 each mounted & balanced. This is my second set. They have great tread (17/32nds in my size)
A 265/75/16 STT would have 18/32nds tread. They wear very good and handle mud / snow awesome. They do break traction easy on wet pavement, but that is only if you hit the throttle fast. I do a lot of off-roading and these are great tires, but if your only going for looks and stay mainly on pavement, I'm not sure because they cost more than some well known name brands.

You can see the info at: http://www.coopertire.com/html/produ...discoverer_stt

"Traction tire designed for drivers who want the utmost in off-road traction."