LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New owner

Old 08-20-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
New owner

Hey everyone. Figured I'd throw down a quick intro. Picked up an '08 Taco new (access, prerunner TRD Off-Road) on a trade with an '05 Infiniti G35 coupe (ya I know, huge change...). I had to make a few sacrafices on what I wanted to get but in the end still feel I made the right choice, I really wanted the double cab, 4x4, and 6MT. Oh well, gotta do what you have to especially to get in a huge upside-down trade. I've had an ich to get a taco for several years, debating back and forth between the newer ones or grabbing an old 'beater' to fix up. Well, the choice I made is quiet obvious... so far I'm liking it even though it's a bit of a "shock" moving from the G to this... but so far mostly in a good way. From the bit of reading I've done on here, seems to be an extremely helpful and nice group of people here, hopefully I can help to contribute in some way in the future.

Since I know most of you love pics, here's a few of the new taco:

I already have a few mods in mind for the realativly near future... nothing to over the top at least for awhile.
  • The stocker audio has to go, so horrible. Debating between doing a 'truck' pc or just picking up a kenwood touch unit as such... and all the speakers to go with it.
  • When these tires die out, would like to swap out for some nice blacked out alcoa-type 15's and probably some 31 or 32" bfg all-terrain KO's.
  • Bed extender
A few other things I'm on the fence about is full debadge, and to remove the pinstripes. At first I absolutely hated them, but now I'm a bit mixed on it...

Anyway, that's a 'quick' intro
Old 08-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #2
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Man!!! Nice taco, so clean for now. do u have an aftermarket exhaust on your taco?
Old 08-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Welcome Man!!! Nice taco, so clean for now. do u have an aftermarket exhaust on your taco?
Just the TRD cat-back. For now, works well enough for me. Maybe down the line I might throw in a full borla kit... but then again maybe I'll just leave it as it is. I still have another toy that needs more attention first, a '92 Dodge Stealth R/T TT (aka Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4). Wrecked her in oregon well, almost 2 years ago now so she needs a full rebuild, frame pull, some body work... ect. Now that I have a truck though, I can actually get parts and tools!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, Nice looking ride, Ask questions, everyone here knows alot.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Show me a pic of your dodge, how did u wreck it?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
Iron Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Show me a pic of your dodge, how did u wreck it?
Portland rain in cold weather with summer tires = fail. Wasn't even speeding, but a truck (tacoma of all things lol) in front of me started fish tailing and loosing control... I was attempting to go around it but, in the prosses of trying to figure out to juke left or right, I started hydroplaning myself... and ended up 'floating' into the back of an '06 Charger turrning right (v6, not a hemi so it's cool). Sucks, but both vehicles were deemed a total loss...

Before

After:

The damage doesn't *look* so bad, but it twisted the entire frame, destroyed the radiator core support, and some other stuff. Add in the fact that 3000GT's are about as expensive as they come for parts, repair costs add up quick. Also, being a unibody, getting the frame back in shape's no easy task.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking truck, welcome to the forums!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #8
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Nice truck and nice car!
Welcome to TW!!
Old 08-20-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
definitely welcome to tw!!! great to have you here!!! and thanks for posting pics....very nice tacoma!!! gonna let you know.........check out some stuff here.....http://wheelersoffroad.com/

all kinds of suspension parts,and good prices on black wheels too.........steel and alloy!!! enjoy the forum!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #10
Iron Beard

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, and tacomaman06 I'll deffinatly keep that site in mind when it comes time for new rubber.