Notices

Locking Gas Cap

Old 01-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
goyota is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Patrol
Name: Mike
goyota's Tacoma Gallery
Locking Gas Cap

Hi. I am a new member. Let me start off by saying I am sorry if this has been asked in the past. I have a new 2011 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD/OFF ROAD 4x4 V6 with an automatic and I love it. My question is does anyone know where I can get a locking gas cap? Thank you very much..
Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
walmart?
Old 01-09-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
I am also new to this Forum, but would like to comment about a locking gas cap, you really don't need it because the filler tube where it meets the gas tank has a flapper valve where its impossible to get a sphion hose thru, the gas thieves in my area simply crawl under your truck and punch a hole thru the gas tank, unless you're worried about someone that doesn't like you may pour sugar or a 2 L bottle of Coca Cola down the gas tank and ruin your engine, then a locking gas cap is good to have.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Stant makes them.....work good
Old 01-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Only i control what goes into my tank.......the cap was my first "mod"
Old 01-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the law enforement field and nothing surprizes me anymore and I know in the past when gas was up to $4 a gal in 2008 there were a lot of holes punched thru gas tanks, and the thief picks the higher 4x4 trucks cause there is enough room to crawl under it, they will use a screwdriver or a hammer and nail to make a hole and catch the gas in a gas can.
0ne 2 L bottle of Coca Cola in the gas tank will ruin the engine and won't be detected untill its too late, the car will run and cause expensive engine damage
Old 04-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyota View Post
Hi. I am a new member. Let me start off by saying I am sorry if this has been asked in the past. I have a new 2011 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD/OFF ROAD 4x4 V6 with an automatic and I love it. My question is does anyone know where I can get a locking gas cap? Thank you very much..
i don't know maan, i'm looking for one also. our 2011 click 1 time to let you know it's locked right. I don't think the stant do that.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
stev is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: RMC ret.
Name: stev
stev's Tacoma Gallery
i also picked up a slant locking cap (dealer). worked great for the first week. then caused EngMaint lamp (x4). also had a couple of incidents with it popping off with the slightest effort (no key). opening the fuel fill cover to find it lying there was the last straw.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #11
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
from what I have seen, the Stant 10504 works with the 2011. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Nothing on the truck has changed. Yes it will work.