1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally got a Tacoma!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by EddieC, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Jan 20, 2011 at 4:23 PM
    EddieC

EddieC [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    K-town Hollywood CA
    Vehicle:
    02 2.7 4cyl reg cab
    magnaflow exhaust
    when I was 16 I ALMOST bought a 98 tacoma but found a killer deal on a 1999 4WD honda CRV with less than 10,000 miles so I went with that.... At the time the only thing I really NEEDED was 4WD... I've had it for 7 years and just sold it yesterday to pay off the loan I got for THIS:

photo-19_90227444edaa12925e083d880e3c5e0e31a5ad5e.jpg

now MINE! a 2002 tacoma regular cab, 2.7L 4cyl 4X4. Bought for $6500 + CA sales tax and the truck has 96,000 miles.. Took the truck to my mechanic and he checked everything out and couldn't find anything he thought would be worth replacing or working on... WIN!

my Honda had a manual tranny, and everything else was automatic (locks, seats, windows etc). Now my Tacoma has an automatic tranny.... and thats it! But hey... less stuff to break. The CRV's locks and windows were all starting to fail here and there....

I actually sold the CRV because my girl crashed her car and cant drive a stick... so seeing that I was looking for any excuse to buy a tacoma I bought an Automatic to replace the CRV! Now we can both drive the truck.... and I have a motorcycle if we both need a vehicle on the same day (which rarely happens). and now that we have a truck I can put the bike in the back! Oh ya... and we now have FULL COVERAGE!! :facepalm:

So far the only things I have done to the truck is a magnaflow muffler, and tints... but I have a feeling that like my bike, im going to want to mod this truck a little more... I think a CAI will be next, then suspension, and maybe I can change the rear window to one with a little slidy window? Also have to find a good ramp or two to be able to put the bike in the back by myself....

My only concern is the little bit of frame rust I have... I just bought some POR 15 to tackle this issue myself, but just read on another thread that the Toyota frame rust inspection has been extended till March 31st of this year? Gotta look into that first before I go after the rust myself...

So... My name is Eddie... I've been a tacoma lover since I was a kid and they first came out! I'm happy to see that I am 100% satisfied with the new truck I bought... It's what I (really) wanted all along! And now I have good reasons to have one!

If anyone has any performance mods or any other helpful information please shout it out! Oh... and does anyone know where I can get some cheap mud flaps?

Thanks!

Eddie

2. Jan 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    Welcome to TW! Congrats on converting to Toyota!

3. Jan 20, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Nice truck and welcome to the club.

4. Jan 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW!! :wave:

5. Jan 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    travis9287

travis9287 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Tuscaloosa,AL
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma, 2006 GX470, 2000 Jeep TJ, 1985 C10
    a lot lol
    Welcome To TW! look under "Mods & Tutorials" and click on the "1st gen DIY & How-To's" that should help out alot. good lookin truck!

6. Jan 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    kjmc

kjmc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Alliston,Ontario,Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD-SR5 4x4 DCAB
    Truxedo Lo-pro-Qt Sirius Radio
    Way to go.!!!!!!! Hope it goes great

Products Discussed in