Old 01-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Forcritessake is on a distinguished road
Army: MP, 2175th MP CO
Name: Jason
Forcritessake's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Hello from St. Louis!

Hello All!

New to the forum, new to Toyota!

Ive been driving a 2001 S-10 for over 10 years now, and boy am I ready to take delivery of my new Tacoma. I just placed the order last weekend. Details Below:

2011 Access Cab 4x4
TRD Sport
6 Speed
TRD Intake/Exhaust/Short Shifter
Tow Package
7 speaker stereo w/ xm and subwoofer
Skidplate
Magnetic Grey Metallic

While sitting with the salesman during his search of the Toyota database, there were literally NO builds in the system with that combo of options. I'm curious as to how many other users experienced this as well. How long did it take for the vehicle to be delivered?

If this were your truck, what would you do 1st to "make it your own"? Hard/Painted bed cover will come first for sure.

Anyway, I look forward to everyone's input...advice...knowledge... and hopefully I'll have some pics soon!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Welcome to TW! You won't regret the Taco!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:15 AM   #4
desmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant futuredesmo2 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: State Trooper
Name: Dave
desmo2's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty similar to my new truck! Fortunately mine is in stock at an in-network dealership, so it should be here in a day or two.

I chose black, but magnetic gray metallic would have been my second choice. I figured I could add stereo/bolt on stuff later for less than what the dealer was offering.

Just curious...what did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo2 View Post
Pretty similar to my new truck! Fortunately mine is in stock at an in-network dealership, so it should be here in a day or two.

I chose black, but magnetic gray metallic would have been my second choice. I figured I could add stereo/bolt on stuff later for less than what the dealer was offering.

Just curious...what did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?
After a surprisingly easy negotiation, I got it right under 28k...

You're right on the bolt-on's, but I figure after the 10 yrs in my "old truck" i'll spend at least that long in this one......and I sort of liken it to the classic cars, I want to have a unique combination of options, to make it stand out from the crowd.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to tw from Kirkwood. What are your plans for the truck? Any thing specific you want to accomplish?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
Welcome to tw from Kirkwood. What are your plans for the truck? Any thing specific you want to accomplish?
Nothing near as ambitious as the plans were for my old truck... Mostly just tints, bedcover, maybe rims at some point, and maybe a billet grill, but nothing drastic. The truck looks and comes pretty much how I always wanted.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to TW!!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from O'Fallon, MO and welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcritessake View Post
The truck looks and comes pretty much how I always wanted.
This is what we all say at first, but then the bug to upgrade gets ya. Next thing you know your lifting, swapping wheels and tires, changing the exhaust, etc.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs127s View Post
Hello from O'Fallon, MO and welcome.

This is what we all say at first, but then the bug to upgrade gets ya. Next thing you know your lifting, swapping wheels and tires, changing the exhaust, etc.
I know you speak only the truth...the same bug hit me with my s-10...I'm trying to tell myself I'm a little older, wiser
Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #12
brs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura aboutbrs127s has a spectacular aura about
brs127s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know you speak only the truth...the same bug hit me with my s-10...I'm trying to tell myself I'm a little older, wiser

Nothing wrong with upgrading the ride. Everyone wants to have a nice ride or something that is different. It's all about whatever makes you happy.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #13
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I give ya a few weeks before you come down with the mod bug
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #14

Also what was your last truck?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
Also what was your last truck?
I'm sure there are some haters of this particular truck....but shes been a very reliable, loyal, decent ride for over 10 yrs.

2001 S-10 Xtreme Reg. Cab
Victory Red w/ Black Racing Stripes
Auto V6
Shorty Headers
Flowmaster 40 series
K&N Intake
GMS Mass Airflow Sensor
2 8" Rockford Fosgates
15% tints
18" American Racing Torque Thrust II's

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B79...NjQ4YzYx&hl=en

Let it be said that I'm not one of those die hard fans of any particular brand or model, not so much that I would bash anyone for owning anything else (except maybe for a Geo Metro) So if there are critics who say "Waaaa, you posted an s-10 on a tacoma site!", please refrain from bashing until you see the comparison shots of the new truck(when it comes in a short 5-7 weeks), for hopefully I will be redeemed in your eyes.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #16
Quote:
I'm sure there are some haters of this particular truck....but shes been a very reliable, loyal, decent ride for over 10 yrs.

2001 S-10 Xtreme Reg. Cab
Victory Red w/ Black Racing Stripes
Auto V6
Shorty Headers
Flowmaster 40 series
K&N Intake
GMS Mass Airflow Sensor
2 8" Rockford Fosgates
15% tints
18" American Racing Torque Thrust II's

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B79...NjQ4YzYx&hl=en

Let it be said that I'm not one of those die hard fans of any particular brand or model, not so much that I would bash anyone for owning anything else (except maybe for a Geo Metro) So if there are critics who say "Waaaa, you posted an s-10 on a tacoma site!", please refrain from bashing until you see the comparison shots of the new truck(when it comes in a short 5-7 weeks), for hopefully I will be redeemed in your eyes.
bump