1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck name is Paco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Skan Skeeny, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Jan 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Skan Skeeny

Skan Skeeny [OP] Skan Skeeny

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Double Cab
    Flippac Camper Shell, Alcan Custom Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5100's F&R, Eibach Springs, Duratrac 265/75/16, Ipod Interface
    I bought an 05 Tacoma double cab, off road 4x4 with 50k miles.

After much research and big dreams I realized this was the platform for my intent of exploring Colorado extensively.

So, here is what I have done (and am doing) and would like input from all of the members. Why re-invent the wheel, right?

-First thing was first, I ordered a Flippac from A/T trailers. These things cost an arm and a leg but are seriously the most awesome little critters to camp/4x4 with.
    -Custom leaf pack from Alcan with a 1" lift. The leaf pack is designed to handle the 280lbs of the flippac, plus another 150lbs of camp gear and still maintain the lift/clearance. This has been an awesome addition, the truck handles better with the flippac then it did stock.
    -Ordered (4) Bilstein 5100's from DSM. Haven't installed them yet as I am waiting on the Eibach springs.

The truck's name is Paco (Flippac + Taco= Paco :D)

I am currently awaiting a set of Eibach springs to level her out with the 5100's and then stuff some 265/75/16's in the wheel wells (Duratracs?).

This truck is being built to go over all kinds of trails in the summer as well as haul ass up I-70 with two snowmobiles.
    I didn't want to give up the road manners for super big lift-age (dreaded taco driveline vibes); if the truck can't make it with the mods I have then I shouldn't be there- but man, these little suckers are surprisingly agile off road and can tackle most cool trails in CO.

So far the wifey hasn't lambasted me, so I view that as approval.

Lets hear some folks chime in on this build- looking for advice on an upgraded skid plate and rail sliders. Maybe coax some more ponies out of her as well.

Thanks y'all!

Skan Skeeny

2. Jan 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    Welcome to TW! Pics?

3. Jan 28, 2011 at 11:13 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! Sounds like you are on the right track. I know with my wife it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.:rolleyes:

4. Jan 28, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Skan Skeeny

Skan Skeeny [OP] Skan Skeeny

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD Double Cab
    Flippac Camper Shell, Alcan Custom Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5100's F&R, Eibach Springs, Duratrac 265/75/16, Ipod Interface
    New to site and kinda working out the kinks, but I believe there should be some photos of the flipac from when I first installed it in my album.

5. Jan 28, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    Welcome!!! nothin wrong with a Paco Taco

Products Discussed in

To Top