1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with wheel and tire fitment!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by kingB, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Feb 3, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    kingB

kingB [OP] Member

Member:
    nc
    Vehicle:
    2002 sr5 2.7l tacoma 4x4
    k&n air filter/stock 2.7l
    Hi guys im obviously new and need some input. i have 5.5"s of lift on the way! 2.5" suspension and 3" of body lift for my 2002 sr5 2.7L taco xtra cab. im currently running 265/70/16 h/t they are really close to my strut! can barely put my finger in between them.
    I enjoy climbing and mudding equally! i am on the edge of wondering if i can get away with 35" mud tires or if i should stick with 33" m/t for the added flex they would provide but the look of 35" is exactlly the look i want!
    I will definately drop down to a 15 " wheel prolly 15x10 because i would really like that wide look beeing 12.5" wide tire. i have no clue of back spacing or offset?
    I know the rule of thumb says 6" of lift equalls enough for 35"s but im really surprised at how much the taco can do and the height of it right is actually surprising!
    Please anyone with any info is appreciated!:D
    first taco and they freaking do miracles! even on h/t tires! lol

I have no upgrades execpt K&N filter lol so is regearing a possibilty? it is pretty lacking on crazy steep hills at times! but im pretty good driver i think.

thanks guys

2. Feb 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    SalemCBR

SalemCBR Oregon's #2 TW rep

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Elock PreR
    Deck plate, all time auxillary, black billet, xeon bulbs, sockmonkey decals, and lots of back to black.
    Valid question. You know what I would do if i were you is to post this question in the 1st generation topic. You wont see that many folks that can answer that question well here in the new member area. You might get lucky though.

Welcome to... tw

3. Feb 5, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    kingB

kingB [OP] Member

Member:
    nc
    Vehicle:
    2002 sr5 2.7l tacoma 4x4
    k&n air filter/stock 2.7l
    thx

Products Discussed in

To Top