1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

First Time Truck Owner!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Sgtfluffy16, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Feb 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM
    Sgtfluffy16

Sgtfluffy16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    PA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    20% tint, HID headlights/ yellow fog light bulbs and LED lights interior/exterior lights. 4.5 Inch RCD lift, 1 Piece custom driveshaft, AEM intake, Dynomax Exhaust, Amp research Moto-bed extender, Extang Express tonno.
    Well I have always had and loved cars and about 3 years ago I started at a local 4 wheel drive shop. I bought a house a lil over a year ago and I'm noticing the need for a truck but I didnt want a full size... Seeing all the trucks coming in and out of our shop and learning the suspension systems I like the tacoma's alot needless to say I am and always will be a Scion tC owner and lover. So I sold my 2 cars the celebrity and civic and bought an Super White 07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport. I fell upon this site y accident when I found and discovered the TRD FJ SE cruiser wheels and wanted them. Needless to say I got ahold of my dealer and ordered a test fit wheel. Found that I wanted to run 33"s a 285/75/16 on them. Now I found the readylift 2.75-3 inch in the front lift kit and will be doing a 2 inch rear block. I looked and looked and looked to find my truck with a 2.75-3 inch lift with the FJ wheels on it with that tire size to make sure that the tires were going to stay under the fender wells and I found the pics and am now sure what tires im getting and ordered the other 3 wheels today. So as I'm looking for this info I came across the temp/compass overhead console fix, and it just so happened that earlier this week that it stopped working. I tore it out, opened it up, and sure enough the 510 was off the board came in soldered it.. 3 times... and it fixed it! Now I LOVE Tacomaworld.com for my taco as much as I love Scionlife.com for my tC. Thanks for the forum I can't wait to keep adding to it

P.S. Im not a newb to forums I do use and LOVE the SEARCH button:)

2. Feb 4, 2011 at 5:08 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!

3. Feb 4, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

4. Feb 4, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    TRD4x4JIM

TRD4x4JIM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    2010 toyota tacoma TRD 4X4 OFFROAD
    4.0L V6 DOHC 24V 236hp 5 Speed Auto trans Part Time 4x4 2 Speed Transfer case Auto LSD, 16" TRD wheels, VSC TRAC TPMS, TRD OFF-ROAD EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE.... OFF-ROAD TUNED Suspension, Bilstein Shocks... Locking Differential.. VSC + ATRAC , HAC, DAC, SKID PLATES TOW HOOKS POWER INVERTER,FOG LAMPS , WINDOW TINT, RUNNING BOARDS ROOF RACK DOOR SILL PROTECTORS hot plug for my cell phone... A R E camper shell
    :wave: Hello and Welcome to T W ----JIM

5. Sep 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    Sgtfluffy16

Sgtfluffy16 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    PA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    20% tint, HID headlights/ yellow fog light bulbs and LED lights interior/exterior lights. 4.5 Inch RCD lift, 1 Piece custom driveshaft, AEM intake, Dynomax Exhaust, Amp research Moto-bed extender, Extang Express tonno.
    Well I forgot i post this when I first started.. Already changed my game plan up instead of the spacers I did the 4.5 inch rcd and so glad that I did.

Products Discussed in

To Top