1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newly registered, long time reader

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Spitfire, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Feb 4, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    Spitfire

Spitfire [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ West Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Taco
    OME Lift, Stubbs Sliders, Truxedo cover, Pioneer Avic deck, speakers/amp etc., Black badges.
    Gotta give a big thanks to the contributors here. I have owned my 05 Tacoma since I bought it new, but at the time I was suffering forum fatigue after being in the Mustang online scene for a few years and building a car. So I have been playing catch up, reading the forums here.

So Its been over 5 years and I have put just over 50,000 miles on "Roadrunner". This is the most miles I have ever put on a vehicle and I still just love the truck. So to celebrate my continuing appreciation of the truck I have been reading the forums and doing some sprucing up on the Roadrunner.

I am gettting ready to order some stubbs HD-SKO sliders this month. Today I gave her a full blood transfusion. Did the engine oil, diffs, transmission, and transfer case. None had been done previously and strangely the transmission and transfer case fluid looked great while the diffs were terrible. The rear was real low, smelled burned and had a lot of shavings in it. Did not give me a warm and fuzzy.

Done a few other little things, like an Alpine deck and blacked out emblems. Will probably do the Bilstein 5100's and an add-a-leaf in the next month or two. Mostly we just use it. We went on a two week camping adventure last Sep across the west and lived out of it while crawling around out in NM, and AZ. Loved every minute of it. Sleeping in the bed outside of the Grand Canyon in Kaibab national forest with elk bugling all around us was pretty cool.

In my refusal to dive into the forums earlier I let her come out of warranty without having a few problems addressed. Looking here at the forums I can see they were all common and adressed by various TSBs. Kinda bummed about that, but I can live with it.

There you have it. Take it easy folks, and keep up the good work here. Great resource.

2. Feb 4, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

3. Feb 4, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    TRD4x4JIM

TRD4x4JIM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    2010 toyota tacoma TRD 4X4 OFFROAD
    4.0L V6 DOHC 24V 236hp 5 Speed Auto trans Part Time 4x4 2 Speed Transfer case Auto LSD, 16" TRD wheels, VSC TRAC TPMS, TRD OFF-ROAD EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE.... OFF-ROAD TUNED Suspension, Bilstein Shocks... Locking Differential.. VSC + ATRAC , HAC, DAC, SKID PLATES TOW HOOKS POWER INVERTER,FOG LAMPS , WINDOW TINT, RUNNING BOARDS ROOF RACK DOOR SILL PROTECTORS hot plug for my cell phone... A R E camper shell
    Hello and Welcome --------------> JIM

4. Feb 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    Spitfire

Spitfire [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ West Valley
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Taco
    OME Lift, Stubbs Sliders, Truxedo cover, Pioneer Avic deck, speakers/amp etc., Black badges.
    Thanks for the welcomes. I will try to get some photos up, they are scattered across 5 years of hardrives and computers. :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top