1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A new beginning

Discussion in 'New Members' started by crazylegz505, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Feb 19, 2011 at 11:35 AM
    crazylegz505

crazylegz505 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 f/locking hubs
    Kenwood KDC-138 In-Dash CD Receiver with Front Aux Input,
    Well my name is Michael and I am twenty four years of age. I grew up with two uncles and a handful of cousins that loved speed. A 95 mustang cobra, turbo probe(with way to much money it), a few big block chevys and a 911 Porsche is what I considered as fast when I was 13 years old. So when it came time for my friends and I to get our first vehicle my close friends(rich) that had seen my families love for speed got used V8s, crotch rockets, and turbo four cylinders. Since I was named after an uncle that died on a motorcycle and at a young age my parents noticed I loved speed from riding four wheelers, dirt bikes and racing bmx there was no way I was getting anything fun. For the rest of the middle class teens and broke ass speed junkies we made do with what we we're given. So I scouted out every single civic si, 5.0, and iroc z28 in reason that would fit my parents budget. But lo and behold my parents had other plans for me.

My father was a good man and always meant well. He surprised me after buying his new dodge truck with the keys to his old one. It wasn't the coolest thing on the block but it was all mine. He had given me his 96 taco 2RZ 2wd lowered F1.5 R2.0 5speed F225/40/15 R245/45/15 single cab green when I was sixteen. My father gave it to me in 2003 with 39k and she was a beauty. I immediately installed a K&N intake and removed the chrome fender lining and bug reflector on the hood. I was working at Discount Tire co. and dating the daughter of a store manager of a Fire Stone so wheels and tires came quick(F235/40/16 R245/45/16), followed by exhaust. The truck was a blast to say the least because compared to every little civic on the street i was top dog. I caught some strife in high school from kids with civics, stock 5.0s, etc. cause they didn't want to believe they had just lost to a taco. I soon realized my parents gave me a sleeper without even knowing it. They caught on quick though. I started racing it at the drag strip and street races every weekend. It was the funnest time of my life. I had the fastest non turbo four cylinder in school, dated one of the hottest girls in school and weed was dirt cheap!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well all good things come to an end and I ran the truck into the ground with new gears, bucket seats, and nitrous. She lasted a little while but i just beat her to hard and in the end she wasn't built for that type of abuse. It broke my dads heart the day i told him the motor was trashed in a result of my abuse. I eventually grew out of the racing scene because of tickets and a empty bank account. So the truck sold beating and battered to a Mexican driving down my street one day for $2500.

Over the years I have followed the 2RZ with many companies turbo charging them making great power on a reliable bottom end. I always sit back and think of what I could have done if I had just done it right! So after being laid off from an engineering firm I ended up in an auto auction and vowed to find a 95-97 taco four cylinder 5 speed and do it right! Well I did and she is a one owner vehicle. I lucked out to say the least! So this is my first post and I intend on moving forward from here. I also plan on finding another taco and turbo charging it the right way making good numbers but in time!

So here she is!
    1995.5 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab
    2.7 3RZ 5 Speed
    4x4 front locking hubs
    150,000 miles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second day of ownership :D
    [​IMG]

2. Feb 19, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member