1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My First Toy Yoda

Discussion in 'New Members' started by B R, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Mar 2, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    B R

B R [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 AC 4 Banger Auto
    Vassupp?? I came here because I feel the need to ask lots of stupid questions about my new Taco. No I don't know how to use the search function :p.

Anyway, this is my first Toyota powered anything, & I have had lots of cars & trucks in the past 35 years, no Yodas until now.

I was driving a Front Ear for the last 8 years. It was a good truck (my 2nd Nissan truck), but things started happening & I decided it was a good time to get rid of it. So far I like my Taco pretty well. Wish it had a locking tailgate like my Frontier did :mad:. And the recirc button/function is extremely annoying. Those are my biggest complaints so far. Oh and the stock steel wheels are so tiny they look retarded :laughing:.

So now it looks like I'm stuck in a pagoda with Tricia Toyota

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvES35ICrI0

2. Mar 2, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    ILikeTacosToo

ILikeTacosToo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    Tacoma's may not have all the bells and whistles a fronty has but put them side by side and just look at them... the taco is the better looking truck hands down. Why do you need to lock your tailgate anyway? if you have a tonneau cover that will keep it from opening and if you dont people can grab your stuff out of the bed anyway.

3. Mar 2, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    Sport11

Sport11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kingsport, TN
    Vehicle:
    Dodge Ram 1500
    Pop-n-lock will fix the tailgate problem. If you have keyless entry, then you can get an electric version that unlocks with your factory keyless entry. Simple install for the electric version, only about 30 min - 1 hr. :thumbsup:

4. Mar 2, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    B R

B R [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '10 AC 4 Banger Auto
    My quick investigation showed nothing was available for the BU Cam version, but I didn't do a extensive search. Anyone know if there is something compatible & doesn't cost a fortune?

Products Discussed in

To Top