Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

In NS

Old 03-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
hopkins is on a distinguished road
hopkins's Tacoma Gallery
In NS

Hello All, thought I should introduce myself as I have been lurking for a few months.
Great site here with loads of helpful information.
I work at a Toyota Dealer (Service Dept), if there is any way I can help, I would be more than happy.
On a side note, I drive an 05 Tacoma double cab.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from iowa. explain to me why- if i have conventional oil, why is it that we dont change the oil after 3000 miles? what if you dont drive 5000 miles in a year? (like my mother-in-law) isnt it after 3 months you need to change oil anyway? just wondering.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
Master of War
shitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud ofshitroc has much to be proud of

Name: Ant
shitroc's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to T.W. fellow maritimer
Old 03-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from saskatchewan
Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:00 AM   #7
hopkins is on a distinguished road
hopkins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superx2 View Post
welcome from iowa. explain to me why- if i have conventional oil, why is it that we dont change the oil after 3000 miles? what if you dont drive 5000 miles in a year? (like my mother-in-law) isnt it after 3 months you need to change oil anyway? just wondering.
Not sure on the scientific reason.
Since year 2000 Toyota says to only change the oil every 5000 miles or 6 months. I would say if you don't drive 5000 miles in a year then you should change it on the time interval. Or if it is out of warranty then change it whenever you feel necessary.
Auto Manufacturers have different oil change intervals. Toyota obviously is comfortable that 5000 miles per change is ok for their engines, but if you think that is too long then you should just change it early for the piece of mind.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #9
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Hi hopkins, welcome to TW from NB . Good on you for offering your experience and expertise.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Dartmouth here! What dealership do you work for? Im buying a truck in the next few weeks and might need a little help if possible?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Georgia. I've been to NS and it's spectacular.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #12
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Smile why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
Not sure on the scientific reason.
Since year 2000 Toyota says to only change the oil every 5000 miles or 6 months. I would say if you don't drive 5000 miles in a year then you should change it on the time interval. Or if it is out of warranty then change it whenever you feel necessary.
Auto Manufacturers have different oil change intervals. Toyota obviously is comfortable that 5000 miles per change is ok for their engines, but if you think that is too long then you should just change it early for the piece of mind.
Thanks, just curious. Im not used to all the new technology of vehicles. Regardless, I have a warranty. Again welcome to TW