Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Herro...

Old 03-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Herro...

Herro all, I've been eavesdropping for about a month now, and thanks to you guys, I've decided to go with a Tacoma rather than a Tundra. It is waaay too expensive to own a Tundra.. I haven't dropped the hammer yet, gonna wait for the 2012, if the next gen comes out, awesome! If not, awesome! its a Taco, what more can I say..

I did some shopping, and it looks like I'm gonna go with the Costco option (unless someone has anything else to say about it). The way it works is:

1) You register on Costco's website, then they hook you up with a local dealer.

2) The dealer gets all the info from you (model,type,options,packages,etc.)

3) They get it in, and they're supposed to give you a print out of the invoice and its supposed to be guaranteed that they give you a couple hundred or so off of the invoice price. No haggling.

I didn't get that far in the process, I just got an invoice from the lady for a 2011,DC,4x4,TRD sport w/JBL. They said it would be right at the $30K mark before tax/license. I was gonna go with it, then I ran into you guys and realized there might be a small possibility of a redesign for 2012. So my wife and I decided to wait another 6 mos. or so, I mean, why not. We'll see what happens.

Anyways, getting back on track, I'm in south Orange County (Holla!!), I love guns, I have in-laws that are gonna retire in Big Bear soon (selling point to my wife for the necessary purchase of the 4x4 Taco), and I'm Asian.. I guess that about sums it all up.. (oh, and sorry for going overboard with the smileys, but they're freaking hilarious!)

Cant wait to get my Taco!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SmilingMark's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, but don't buy that costco, or outside sales BS. Just realize, everyone you bring in has to make money.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingMark View Post
Welcome, but don't buy that costco, or outside sales BS. Just realize, everyone you bring in has to make money.

good point mark.. thanks for your input.. much appreciated..
Old 03-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
I'd see if I could find out what the dealership is with the most volume in the US, then call and see if they'll ship a truck.

My father in law just bought a new 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi and got it for a screamin' good deal, and shipping it from PA to AL was only $700. The dealer he bought it from was the number 1 VW dealer in the US last year or something crazy like that.

Worth trying.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
Noob-ish

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
dude LT1 your sig is freaking funny.

EDIT, ahh damn, you took it off.

I was concerned people would actually think I looked like that.. asians get a bad enough rap as it is at times...
Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
FolsomSam is on a distinguished road
Name: Sam
FolsomSam's Tacoma Gallery
Check with carsdirect.com as a comparison

Not saying they can get the best price, but you can use this as a reference point of what is the most you should have to pay for a vehicle.

Good luck
Old 03-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #13
Noob-ish

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomSam View Post
Not saying they can get the best price, but you can use this as a reference point of what is the most you should have to pay for a vehicle.

Good luck
thanks! I'll work with that, I also found another neat website, well I didn't find it, some dude showed it to me.. check it out, its called truecar.com

here's the link if ya cant find it. http://www.truecar.com/

definitely worth a checkout..
Old 03-11-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
SmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmilingMark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Truecar is awesome, and I've generally found it to be pretty accurate. Regertfully it did show me how little room there is for negotiation on Taco's, but it also showed me how much I was willing to pay, and how low they were going to go.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #15
FYI, I was "out the door" with my 2010 in Sept, 2010, AC, OR Package at 29,500 in Utah.