Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

new guy trying to buy one

Old 03-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
JOEB383 is on a distinguished road
Name: joe
JOEB383's Tacoma Gallery
new guy trying to buy one

hi guys love the tacos. gonna buy one. how much under dealer msrp should i expect to spend. also how much under dealer listing on used should i expect to pay?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
gotta be more specific. what year you want? mileage? etc
Old 03-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
02YotaGuy has a spectacular aura about02YotaGuy has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Current Active Duty, Intel
Name: Matthew
02YotaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
You could try building the one you want online, Every time I do this it's around 30k... But I have alot of demands.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
flashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really nice
flashsplat's Tacoma Gallery
I got about 4k off the list price of my 09 Prerunner w/ TRD offroad and towing package when I bought it new.

I had an advantage though. I worked for the company that hosted their DMS (Dealer Management System). As a general rule, the more addons to have, the more wiggle room you get.

There really isn't nearly as much markup on trucks as their is on cars, and they may show you a 'dealer invoice' but that's really just a scam lol... they usually have several dealer rebates that they get from the manufacturers for each vehicle.

The real money for a dealership though comes from parts and service. That's why so many of them offer warranties because they know you will come to them for repairs rather than mess that up.

Hope that helps a little.
-Flashy
Old 03-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
70Firebird is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aviation Boatswain's Mate
70Firebird's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, welcome Joe. A good place to check pricing is the Edmunds website, you can see all the prices of options, dealer invoice cost, etc. Play around with that for awhile. Edmunds has a "True Market Value" price, which is what people in your area are paying for them.

Know exactly what you want and how much money you have to work with before you walk in to a dealer, and visit more than one...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ohio...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
We need more info!!!!