Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

There is a new Taco pilot in Dallas, TX now

Old 03-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
VFRMAN is on a distinguished road
VFRMAN's Tacoma Gallery
There is a new Taco pilot in Dallas, TX now

Greetings!

I got my new Tacoma double cab two weeks ago. Speedway Blue just to stand out a little. I was planning on keeping my 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew LE for 8-10 years, but two potential major quality issues with it made me decide to dump it while it still had real trade value at a dealership. I did not have any problems with mine - I just read about cam chain tensioner problems with bad plastic and radiators occasionally dumping coolant into the transmission cooler. I'm hope I don't have the same long term issues with 'Yota, especially since I gave up a BUNCH of features that are not offered on the Tacoma. I am not really in love with this vehicle yet. Hopefully it will grow on me with time. Here is my list of mods I am working on now:

4 extra D rings for the bed
Pop & Lock (color matched!)
GoRhino Dominator II step bars
Weathertech window vents
Homelink in overhead console
Some sort of improvement to the audio system (undecided on what to do)
Old 03-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, keep a eye on the Texas forum we have meet and greets every few months,
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard! What do you pilot?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
VFRMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
What do you pilot?
Well I meant to imply that I fly a Taco, but if I can't get the wheels of my truck off the ground long enough for my adrenalin rush, I climb aboard one of my sport bikes. Hence the user name VFRMAN:

Old 03-12-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
ToyoTacoTruck is on a distinguished road
Name: Travis
ToyoTacoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum and hello from Florida!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't sure, with VFR in your name, its an aviation acronym. I figured flying a plane by day and piloting the tacoma on the weekends. Like the bikes though too.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
VFRMAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wasn't sure, with VFR in your name, its an aviation acronym. I figured flying a plane by day and piloting the tacoma on the weekends. Like the bikes though too.
Yea.........I have a scanner and listen in on the local airports frequently (Addison & Love), so I am versed in the various acronyms. It was my user ID on Match.com and all the women seemed to think it had something to do with being a volunteer fireman(I'm not).

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Quite different from the initial greetings I have received at some other online forums.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #11
Political Correctness Sucks!
skb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shedskb7527 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
skb7527's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Houston!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #13
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from San Antonio!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
Ninja14 will become famous soon enough

Ninja14's Tacoma Gallery
how did the Match.com work out?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ohio.

Former Hardbody and Titan owner.

Nothing against those two. Great trucks.

But you'll love your Taco...
Old 03-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #18
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
keep an eye on group section for some of the things you want.
right now there is a weather tech mat group trying to get going.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #19
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I do all three on a weekly basis.

Oh and welcome fellow Texan!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #20
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
welcome from Corpus Christi!