1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New taco owner from Oregon

Discussion in 'New Members' started by alejandro, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Mar 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    alejandro

alejandro [OP] New Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    Hi everyone,
    Total newb here. I bought my first ever new vehicle a couple weeks ago and am loving it! It's a magnetic grey 2011 Tacoma V6 Prerunner SR5 Access Cab. The only other vehicle I've owned is a used 98 Subaru Legacy Outback I bought when it was about eight years old. I've got a Taco and Subi... couldn't get more Portland than that.

I had been contemplating getting a truck for probably the last year or so. Initially I was thinking of getting a really old Toyota truck just to use for hauling stuff. But as I looked around and saw the prices people were asking I started to lean more towards getting a brand new truck with a warranty, maintenance and all that.

So I've been driving her for a couple weeks and so far so good. I'm waiting to get heated seats put in (my Subi has them so I had to check if they were available for the Taco). My dealer sold them to me at cost :D

The truck came with protective film applied to a few areas prone to scratches (under the door handle, edge of wheel well, et al.), but the dealer wanted close to $1000 to apply it to the front of the hood and lights. Does anyone in the PDX metro area have a shop/person they can recommend for affordable protective film work? I'm looking to do as much of the exterior as possible as I live in an area prone to bird poop and vandalism.

After reading the "improve gas mileage" sticky thread I'm thinking about installing an AFE air filter but since I've never owned a new vehicle with a maintenance package I'm wondering if it might get taken out during routine maintenance, or can I tell the dealer it's in there and they won't touch it?

I have the stock sound system and I've noticed when using the Aux input I have to turn the volume way up to get a decent level. The Aux source is my phone and I its volume set to max. The radio/CD levels are fine so it definitely seems like the Aux input needs its own amplifier. Anyone else noticed this?

My Subi also has heated mirrors, so that's something I'm going to be looking into modding. Anyone in PDX area done this?

Overall I'm very happy to be a Taco owner and look forward to learning lots on this forum. Thanks for being here :)

2. Mar 17, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    SuperTacoma

SuperTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Double Cab SR5 4x4 Silver
    Welcome to TW!
    You get a sticker with it. Just stick it on the air box and they want mess with it.
    My maint plan only covers the oil changes anyway. They might try to sell you a filter just tell them you have a multi mile filter.

3. Mar 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

4. Mar 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Welcome from the other side of the hill!:cheers:

5. Mar 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    timsxr

timsxr Well-Known Member

Member:
    portland
    welcome your on my side of town!! tommys tint

6. Mar 17, 2011 at 4:34 PM
    04LTtacoma

04LTtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Welcome from Beaverton, Oregon. :)

7. Mar 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    kiddwvman

kiddwvman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    leon
    WV
    Vehicle:
    06 4 banger
    weathertec floor liner,tinted windows,bilstein 5100 front .85,5100'S rear,window vents,K@N air filter
    Hello and welcome.

8. Mar 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    Welcome!

9. Mar 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM
    ser240z

ser240z Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Monterey Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro 6spd
    Welcome from SoCal...Nice choice on the color!

Products Discussed in

To Top