Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New taco owner from Oregon

Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
alejandro is on a distinguished road
alejandro's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up New taco owner from Oregon

Hi everyone,
Total newb here. I bought my first ever new vehicle a couple weeks ago and am loving it! It's a magnetic grey 2011 Tacoma V6 Prerunner SR5 Access Cab. The only other vehicle I've owned is a used 98 Subaru Legacy Outback I bought when it was about eight years old. I've got a Taco and Subi... couldn't get more Portland than that.

I had been contemplating getting a truck for probably the last year or so. Initially I was thinking of getting a really old Toyota truck just to use for hauling stuff. But as I looked around and saw the prices people were asking I started to lean more towards getting a brand new truck with a warranty, maintenance and all that.

So I've been driving her for a couple weeks and so far so good. I'm waiting to get heated seats put in (my Subi has them so I had to check if they were available for the Taco). My dealer sold them to me at cost

The truck came with protective film applied to a few areas prone to scratches (under the door handle, edge of wheel well, et al.), but the dealer wanted close to $1000 to apply it to the front of the hood and lights. Does anyone in the PDX metro area have a shop/person they can recommend for affordable protective film work? I'm looking to do as much of the exterior as possible as I live in an area prone to bird poop and vandalism.

After reading the "improve gas mileage" sticky thread I'm thinking about installing an AFE air filter but since I've never owned a new vehicle with a maintenance package I'm wondering if it might get taken out during routine maintenance, or can I tell the dealer it's in there and they won't touch it?

I have the stock sound system and I've noticed when using the Aux input I have to turn the volume way up to get a decent level. The Aux source is my phone and I its volume set to max. The radio/CD levels are fine so it definitely seems like the Aux input needs its own amplifier. Anyone else noticed this?

My Subi also has heated mirrors, so that's something I'm going to be looking into modding. Anyone in PDX area done this?

Overall I'm very happy to be a Taco owner and look forward to learning lots on this forum. Thanks for being here
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
SuperTacoma will become famous soon enoughSuperTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Clint
SuperTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
You get a sticker with it. Just stick it on the air box and they want mess with it.
My maint plan only covers the oil changes anyway. They might try to sell you a filter just tell them you have a multi mile filter.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
timsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimsxr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timsxr's Tacoma Gallery
welcome your on my side of town!! tommys tint
Old 03-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #6
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Beaverton, Oregon.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
kiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nice
Army:
Name: leon
kiddwvman's Tacoma Gallery
Hello and welcome.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #9
ser240z is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
ser240z's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from SoCal...Nice choice on the color!

Products Discussed in this Thread