Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Just picked up a....

Old 03-17-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
turtletaco is on a distinguished road
turtletaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up a....

2001 x-cab 2.7 manual 4x4 with 87k for $7500. It's really clean.I'm pretty excited. I've been looking for a while & reading these forums the whole time. My last site was great & this one looks promising. I do have few questions I couldn't find on a search.

1. The dome light is out. The fuse & bulb are good where else should I look? Grounding?
2. What is the trim piece under the headlamp called & where can I get one other than the dreaded stealership.
I'm sure more will come.
Thanks in advance
Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Coast Guard: Father's USCG
Name: Candice
LilRedYota's Tacoma Gallery
Im sure you could go to a junk yard and find the trim piece under the headlamp...that is if you can find a taco in the whole yard. haha.

No, i dont know what its called.
Congrats on your buy though!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
I figure they would be rare in a yard. I'll call but figured someone knew. & the dome light is pissing me off.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Coast Guard: Father's USCG
Name: Candice
LilRedYota's Tacoma Gallery
true that....check grounding. are you sure all the fuses are good? i mean check all of them!

i was pullin a trailer and the trailer like broke, and then shorted out my stop lights....well when that happens it apparently locks the gear shift down! its all connected in a very weird way. but once i changed the fuse out for my stop lights, my gear shift unlocked so i could actually drive.

so check all of them!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the buy!
welcome.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:38 AM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
Sport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSport11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Sport11's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #9
Well I got the light to come back on but no real rhyme or reason afer pulling the bulb twice I "snapped" the cover back on and there it was!

Now to find a trim piece. Anyone know the name of it?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 03-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
Just added some pics to my proflie. You can see the missing trim peice.