Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Drug runner? My new/used Taco

Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Sign Guy will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
Sign Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Drug runner? My new/used Taco

My 2000 Ranger xlt 4 dr 4WD was totaled a few weeks ago. I bought it new and it was a creampuff, looked like the day I rolled it off the lot with only 74K on it. Dang insurance didn't give me jack for it .

I decided to get a PreRunner extended cab 2 wd for a little better mileage. Around here the Stealers are asking 1000 - 3000 over Kelly Blue Book - bastids so I've kept my nose on craigs list and auto trader.

I found a 2002 and picked it up yesterday. The only thing it didn't have
was the cruise control (dang it - the add said it did) , but decided to just get it over with. The back interior is scratched up a
bit maybe from their dog and there are a few dings but overall it ran
well and was smooth on the freeway. Has new tires (nubbies are there)
I'm sure the stealer put them on and are not "the best" but will do
for now. I figure it's not gonna be a garage queen and to expect that
for it's age it will have a few wear n tear marks.

http://tinyurl.com/4lr55zs

I ran a blue book on it before I left and it showed it was worth 9300 and they ran the same one and it came up with 12,995 WTH??? I studied the printout quite thoroughly and it all looked legit. Overall I think I got a decent deal and that's really all that matters.

Now for the real killer. We open up the cab and I look over to the
glove box area and notice something hanging down. I said to the sales guy - "HEY! What's the deal with the bag of weed in here?" We laughed
and I said "under the dash", he looks and pulls out this bag and it was
some of the illegal stuff. He took it in to the supervisor on staff
(or so he said) LOL. Kinda funny, makes me wonder if the truck was a
drug seizure or summat???

Anyone know if you can yank a cruise control off a junkyard unit and have it just plug n play?

That's all for now.

Brian in Everett
Old 03-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!
nice truck. funny story
Old 03-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Ready to travel
Sharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet Corp
Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure I would have said anything!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
Not sure I would have said anything!

Should asked him to throw it in with the sale....
Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 AM   #6
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
how much you want for that bag of weed old man?

-ricky bobby's son
Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #9
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
my first car was a honda civic. one day when i was cleanin it i noticed something sticking out from behind the back of the glove box, a couple full syringes.. threw em in the trash and went about my way..
Old 03-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
I asked the same about the cruise....recently I located one on eBay and posted up a link about it with the eBay item listed....so far no one has gotten back about it.

While checking on eBay I also found another place which had the computer box as well as several other cruise control parts which were not part of the item I had been looking at so I think there may be a bit more involved than just plug-n-play.