Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

new to the site

Old 03-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
nickpatton189 is on a distinguished road
Name: nick
nickpatton189's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation new to the site

hello everyone, my name is nick, im from texas. im going to be trading my silverado in for a tacoma here soon, just looking for the right one. i just had a quick couple questions before i make my mind up on what tacoma i want

what im looking for in the truck, well im going to be lifting it for sure, not much prolly just 3'' or so. and will be adding wheels and tires soon after.
i live right next to the beach and do alot of offroading there and in mud hole when i find them haha.
my question is what should i look out for, i want a 05+ tacoma, double cab, short bed, 4x4, trd offroad..
are there any certain gears i should be looking for to support the larger tires, i know with my silverado some came with the 3.42 and some came with the 3.73 and some 4.10.. is it the same with the tacomas?? once i get the lift ill be wanting something close to a 33
also is there anything i should be looking out for on certain years like maybe a defect that year with something, and how many miles is too many miles for a tacoma. i was looking at a 2007 and it had around 105,000. is that alot for a tacoma or can they take a beating

please help me out on making this choice. please include opinions on lifts and ideas and such, thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from Portland Oregon!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. Stock gears do fine with 3" and 33's. I has an 05 w/ just over 100k n still runnin strong. Good luck mang!