Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New SoCal Member - Ex Jeeper

Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
TacomaShane is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
TacomaShane's Tacoma Gallery
New SoCal Member - Ex Jeeper

From Simi Valley. My 2004 Jeep Rubicon recently threw a rod and blew the engine after 200K miles.

I decided to ditch the Ruby, and grab a Taco to see what it's all about. Great truck!

I look forward to terrific advice from the forum. Currently, I'm researching options for camper shells for my frequent excursions into the desert. It's going to be nice sleeping in my cozy bed rather than my windblown tent.

Will post pics as I slowly empty my wallet into my 2011 TRD Off Road Access cab (manual, of course).

Shane
Old 03-24-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #4
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaShane View Post
From Simi Valley. My 2004 Jeep Rubicon recently threw a rod and blew the engine after 200K miles.

I decided to ditch the Ruby, and grab a Taco to see what it's all about. Great truck!

I look forward to terrific advice from the forum. Currently, I'm researching options for camper shells for my frequent excursions into the desert. It's going to be nice sleeping in my cozy bed rather than my windblown tent.

Will post pics as I slowly empty my wallet into my 2011 TRD Off Road Access cab (manual, of course).

Shane
congrats and welcome! sorry to hear about the manual...
Old 03-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the trouble free life style of owning a Toyota.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #7
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
TacomaShane is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
TacomaShane's Tacoma Gallery
Just dressed up my brand spanking new baby...

SnugTop is locked and loaded. Ready to go camping and get rid of this new truck smell.

Everything is soooo shiny. That first ding is going to hurt, but I'm looking forward to giving her a little character.
Attached Thumbnails
New SoCal Member - Ex Jeeper-newtaco.jpg  
Old 03-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaShane View Post
SnugTop is locked and loaded. Ready to go camping and get rid of this new truck smell.

Everything is soooo shiny. That first ding is going to hurt, but I'm looking forward to giving her a little character.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Nice. Shes a beauty
Old 03-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #11
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck! Good call on the Taco, really capable and comfy rig. When you engage 4Lo in something soupy or soft don't forget about that A-Trac button...quite impressive.

Have you set up the bed and the shell with anything for camping? I just recently fitted some thick eggshell foam up...kinda jealous of the dogs when we are driving.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/southern-california/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Welcome to the trouble free life style of owning a Toyota.
Haha...the trouble is not spending more money on parts.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #12
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Sounds like the Jeep gave you good service... Now, get ready for some comfort and quality (I am a former Jeeper (Cherokee Chief), as is my wife (CJ-5))

See my links below for a rundown on how to use the limited slip, auto locker (A-TRAC), and rear locker... provided your Off Road Tacoma is a 4WD?