1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ex-Tacoma Owner soon to be Tacoma owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Stump, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    Stump

Stump [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    stumpnyi@yahoo.com
    VA
    Vehicle:
    stumpnyi@yahoo.com
    Hey Guys and Girls,

I'm new here and you all seem like a good group to ask questions. I live in Richmond, VA and I'm currently looking to buy a Tacoma. I'm 100% set on a Tacoma and I have zero interest in researching another truck. The only trucks I have ever owned were Toyota's. I learned to drive on a Toyota and I have owned three. The latest a 99 extra cab TRD V6 4x4 which I regrettably sold.

I'm a sports car guy at heart so I sold the Taco and bought an S2000 two years ago. That is an amazing vehicle and I dont want to let it go but it has brought me many good memories and I have since bought a house and know its time to let it go. I need a truck to work around the house and still be practical as a daily driver. Off-roading also sounds like a blast but I want to only do it casually for the first few years without too much maintenance\mods.

That brings me here. I want a 2004 4x4 V6 Double Cab 1st gen. Whenever I look at a 2nd gen I throw up in my mouth a little...no I'm only kidding. My gf's 2006 4runner was a nice car, but the new Tacos simply dont look right. Plus I want a truck that looks ready to get dirty.

Upon my research for my Tacoma I have not found many. I see them everywhere on the road but none for sale. That is good, but also bad. I have never owned an automatic either.Its obvisouly prefered for the practicality but that brings me to my first question.

How does the automatic double cab (weight difference\wheelbase) perform offroad?

My second question is what kind of prices can I expect? Like I said I have not found many for sale but I want one around or less then 100k miles for around or under 15k.

I test drove this last week, the dealer didnt want to come down at all but i loved it.

And my final question, while I'm checking out the Tacoma's what are things I should look out for as far as known problems with the vehicle especially for this year?

I'm sorry for the long post and my lack of research but I figured this would be the best way to get to know some of you and learn about the truck at the same time. I appreciate any input provided and look forward to posting more in the near future.

Thanks,
    Bryan

Products Discussed in

To Top