Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

looking at new taco

Old 03-25-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
denizen is on a distinguished road
denizen's Tacoma Gallery
looking at new taco

Hi guys, i am actually looking at getting a new tacoma truck with the accesscab and 4 banger. I have a fullsize truck for pulling but looking for a good dd for hauling me and my tools to jobsites(stonemason). The tough part is i will have to trade in my 2010 wrx. I love the car and she is great in the snow but i am limited were I can go with ground clearance and no space for tools so i guess the tacoma would do. Any of you guys with the new tacoma's with 4 bangers could tell me how how like them it would be great.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
welcome and............
Old 03-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Security Police
Name: John
oldranger821's Tacoma Gallery
Just got mine 3 days ago. I love it. 4 banger Accesscab with SR5 package. Seems very strong and would be good to haul you and your tools and stuff. dont know that I would tow anything heavier than a small boat and trailer. That is just my opinion, don't have a boat to tow. Mine is just a ride and light hauling from the home improvement stores to the house.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
proff49 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
proff49's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine 5 days ago and so far it's great. The hitch came 2 days ago but haven't got it on yet. I don't think pulling a reasonable load in a single axle trailer will be any problem. It won't set any speed records but the engine feels like it has enough torque to handle the trailer rating of the truck pretty easy.

I'm a little uneasy about some of the problems I've read about, especially how soon people are having them. I guess only time and miles will tell. If I do have some of the problems hopefully my dealer will take care of it.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
denizen is on a distinguished road
denizen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by proff49 View Post
Got mine 5 days ago and so far it's great. The hitch came 2 days ago but haven't got it on yet. I don't think pulling a reasonable load in a single axle trailer will be any problem. It won't set any speed records but the engine feels like it has enough torque to handle the trailer rating of the truck pretty easy.

I'm a little uneasy about some of the problems I've read about, especially how soon people are having them. I guess only time and miles will tell. If I do have some of the problems hopefully my dealer will take care of it.
What problems? I was under the impression that they were a real solid truck.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
proff49 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
proff49's Tacoma Gallery
Quick to rust, weak rear leaf springs, squeaky blower fans just to mention a few. Look around the forum and you'll find more. Don't get me wrong. I think it's probably the best truck in its class or I wouldn't have bought it. Other makes certainly have there problems also.