1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New (to me) 2004 Tacoma

Discussion in 'New Members' started by itin1200, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Mar 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM
    itin1200

itin1200 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2004 4x4 TRD XtraCab
    Hey folks. My name is Bill and I'm the proud new owner of a 2004 Tacoma TRD 4x4 XtraCab. 3.4 V6, auto tranny, 83K miles. Have had it about a week, and I think I'm in love.

Paid a little under book at a dealer. The truck seems to have been very well cared for, is very clean and drives very "tight."

Had a 1989 Toyota 4x4 Ext Cab that I bought in 1992. At the time we were living in a cabin in SE Ohio and 4wd was pretty much a necessity to get in an out of our property. Put over 225K on that truck, then sold it when the family started expanding.

Have since had two old Jeep Cherokees--yes, they were GREAT vehicles--but life changed and we moved to Pittsburgh, where we really don't NEED a 4x4.

But I DO need a truck for various hauling duties, most of which consist of trips to Home Depot...

Saw this truck and figured it was the one to buy. Living in the city, I only put about 4000 miles a year on a vehicle, so it should last a good long time. It will probably stay stock, because, even though I WOULD LOVE to do some off-roading again I just can't justify it right now.

A little personal info:

I'm a Registered Nurse in one of the Level 1 trauma centers in Pittsburgh. Always interesting, and I'm paid well to help people.

I have a very strong Power Tool Fetish. Most of my expendable income is spent on good tools, mostly for rehabbing our house. Have inner city on-street parking, so pretty difficult to do any wrenching on a vehicle. Would like to think I'm Mike Holmes, but in reality I'm more of a Tim Taylor...

My political leanings are very decidedly left of center, which makes for some interesting arguments at work. But I promise to not bring that to the forums.

In fact, not sure what I can bring to the forums, but will always contribute when I can. But I'll probably have more questions than answers.

Bill

02.jpg
    12.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top