Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Please educate a new member on Taco pickups

Old 03-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Storm is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Storm's Tacoma Gallery
Please educate a new member on Taco pickups

Hey all, name here is Ben, I am from Ohio.

I am looking for some info about Tacoma pickups, especially the TRD off-road package.

I have been considering a smaller pickup as a replacement for my gas guzzling 5.2 v8 Durango, and came across a 2000 Tacoma TRD, extra cab, with a 4 cyl, and a 5 speed manual.

Being a 4cyl, it has a little smaller engine than what I was originally looking for, but the factory rear diff lock got my attention.

So, what are some of the features of the TRD off road Tacoma, verses the Colorado/Canyon, or the Ranger FX4?

I am also interested in the availability of lift kits, and other off road parts for the Tacoma, which are practically non existent for my Durango.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Hey all, name here is Ben, I am from Ohio.

I am looking for some info about Tacoma pickups, especially the TRD off-road package.

I have been considering a smaller pickup as a replacement for my gas guzzling 5.2 v8 Durango, and came across a 2000 Tacoma TRD, extra cab, with a 4 cyl, and a 5 speed manual.

Being a 4cyl, it has a little smaller engine than what I was originally looking for, but the factory rear diff lock got my attention.

So, what are some of the features of the TRD off road Tacoma, verses the Colorado/Canyon, or the Ranger FX4?
Hey bud. I got the 07 prerunner trd off road too. do you have a rear locker?