Notices

I'm back to Toyota trucks

Old 03-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
Tahoma Mnt Man is on a distinguished road
Name: Lee
Tahoma Mnt Man's Tacoma Gallery
I'm back to Toyota trucks

Howdy all,

Great Web site here! Please allow me to tell you all how I came across it. Many years ago I had an old Hi-Lux LB Toyota truck. Then after a couple of decades with a F-150, with which I built my own house, I was in need of another truck. Looking for longevity and reliability, I once again turned to Toyota. Originally I was going to buy used and then quickly realized that if you want low mileage, for a couple of $K more you might as well just buy new because the Toyota just donít depreciate like the American vehicles. I started, by looking at the Tundra only to find it was no longer a mid size truck but now a full size and the 4.6 L was a little gutless in such a rig. The 5.7L was more appropriately sized but I really didnít need a three-ton monster when most of the time it would be a commute car with weekend warrior activities, both work and play, secondary. Needless to say, I started looking at the Tacomaís, which I have now found to be more in the midsize category, just slightly smaller than the Tundraís of just a few years ago.

I purchased the SR5 not wanting the stiffer ride for comminuting and road trips and Iím sure it will be more than adequate for both skiing and the forest service roads for backpacking trips. However, I am disappointed that the outside temperature gage is not even an option with the SR5 trim package as I like to know if it is below freezing out so I can be cautious about icy conditions. It was while researching the possibility of swapping out the overhead console that I came across this website on a Goggle search. Luckily, and thanks to some great threads, I found it was an easy plug and play if you get the correct console. (I will be putting my interest in purchasing the console into the appropriate forum here shortly.) So that is my Tacoma story. Glad to be a part of this community!

Lee

PS: Tahoma is the Indian name for Mount Rainer, the tallest of the volcano Mountain and a huge icon of Washington State.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Welcome to the site.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome, glad you made the choice to come back to Toyota and get a Tacoma. Now get ready to see alot of things on here that you will want! Start saving!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! Glad you found a solution! I think you'll really enjoy your Taco!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:28 AM   #5
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
great story, and welcome.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #6
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome congrats on the Tacoma!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome aboard!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW Have fun with the new truck.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ohio...
Old 03-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #11
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
Welcome!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #12
the boss man
trek is on a distinguished road
trek's Tacoma Gallery
pics of the truck