1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Past and Future Taco Owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Monumental, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Mar 27, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    Monumental

Monumental [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 Black Off-road DC
    Debadged, no seatbelt alarm
    Hi. I stumbled across this site researching my new Tacoma purchase. I'm a big fan of Tacoma trucks. I had a 2007 2WD Pre-Runner Access Cab MT for about two years before I traded it in on a Sienna due to my growing family. Currently, I'm driving a 2005 Rav4. It's a great little SUV and I've done some light off-roading in it- my father-in-law wasn't sure I'd get him home.:D I also used to have a 2000 MR2 Spyder that I loved, so I'm a bit of a Toyota fan overall. Here in the next month or two I'm going to buy a 2011 4WD Off-Road Access Cab AT and can't wait!

About me- I'm currently living in western Nebraska, but originally from Oklahoma and looking to get back down that way, probably in Ft Worth. So I'm glad to see some of the rides organized on here are in those areas. I graduated from Oklahoma State University and then did about 6.5 years active Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer. I'm a Reservist now.

I'm not much of a gear-head, but I look forward to trying some of the mods I've read about on here. You guys have some great looking trucks. I've always liked the idea of off-roading and it's great to find a site with so much information on it to get me started. This site has already saved me money by educating me on sliders and steering me away from the OEM tube steps, so big thanks!

A couple questions to start off. The only accessory I'm planning on buying from the dealer is the bed mat. Is there anything else that's considered worth the cost? The brochure and website both list the front skid plate as standard on the Pre-runner and 4x4, but I've seen them on the lot without one. Is that something they should add for free if it's not already on?

2. Mar 27, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Welcome, and as far as the stock skid plate, I hear that its not really worth it. Pretty thin and really is just for looks. Good luck with the purchase and new truck!

3. Mar 27, 2011 at 12:28 PM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW!

4. Mar 27, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    Welcome from south of ya!

Don't know what to tell you about the skid plate but I do know a lot of guys wait and get their bed mats off of craigslist. Or you might want to check TRDparts4U.com, might be cheaper than getting it though the dealer.

5. Mar 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    TacoAL

TacoAL Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AL
    The Gunshine State
    Vehicle:
    TC
    None (for now)
    Good to have ya here! I take it Toyota runs in your blood and there might be a Supra some where down the line?;)

6. Mar 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    chaz834

chaz834 Tacoma 4 Life.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chase
    Kendrick, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sport MGM
    3'' Tuff Counrty Lift, Moromoto Mini H1 Projectors 5000K 35W, BHLM, 30'' LED Light Bar, Black TOYOTA Emblem, Excelon Touch Screen Deck, Hertz Speakers,Excelon AMP, 2 10'' JL Audio Subs, Wet Okle seat covers, Weather Tech Floor Mats.
    Welcome to TW!

7. Mar 28, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    Monumental

Monumental [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 Black Off-road DC
    Debadged, no seatbelt alarm
    Thanks everyone! I agree about the skid plate being cheaply made, but I figure it's better than nothing. Thanks for the link to TRD parts, but the deal I'm getting on accessories thru USAA is even lower than that!

I found out yesterday that a co-worker has an 05 Tacoma off-road and there's at least one other guy on this site from this town, so hopefully we can put some rides together.

Products Discussed in

To Top