Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Show and Shine

Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
mr2r6 will become famous soon enoughmr2r6 will become famous soon enough

Name: Kiel
mr2r6's Tacoma Gallery
Show and Shine

I just picked up my new Tacoma. I've been a huge Toyota fan ever since I bought my first Toyota Mr2 back in the day. (still have it) This is my third Toyota. My wife drives a Lexus rx300 so when setting out for a new truck I went for a Tacoma. Then came the price tag. These things are not cheap. I looked for months from driving out of state and looking for hours a day online. Then one day a small dirt lot across the street from my house had a pretty nice Tacoma. They were asking 18,900. It’s a 07 with 70K. Clean car fax and really clean truck. It already had all the stuff I wanted done to it. I talked them down to $17000 and blew the $10,000 budget my wife set. I was just done looking and said screw it. I’m a small business owner with a 4 year old and another on the way. I already have a project with my Mr2 and didn’t want another. I’m in love with the truck it’s really a great truck and I looking forward to many miles with it.

A little about the truck. I think it has (not sure) a 6” suspension lift with a 3” body lift with 315/75/16 tires. All the gap guards are in place which makes the lift look really clean. Another feature that sold me was the Roll and Lock cover. Its great I can put all my tools in the back and lock them up. It’s great not having to worry about someone stealing my ladder or tools. I’m getting about 16 miles to the gallon driving very conservatively.

I really need some step bars but don’t know which one. I don’t want to make the truck look lower by adding bars and I know that most bars bolt to the frame and might look funny with the body lift. I also want to get an intake to help with sound and gas mileage. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Kiel

Old 03-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I'm not really into "step bars" (usually called nerf bars). Check out Carr superhoop steps or something similar. IMO the steps look better than nerf bars.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:06 PM   #6
757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
757southpaw's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck and a pretty good deal. Not to mention you won't have to spend much in modifications! Is it a 4wd TRD?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #7

mr2r6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwhite View Post
go with sliders!!!
Rock sliders??? Thats what I was thinking but would like to see a tacoma with a body lift first to see what they look like.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
N-fabs on my truck.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #9

mr2r6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
Sweet truck and a pretty good deal. Not to mention you won't have to spend much in modifications! Is it a 4wd TRD?

Naw. Its a prerunner sr5. I have no plans to take it off road. I needed a good looking 4 door truck for the kids and my business.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:11 PM   #10

mr2r6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLDTACO View Post
N-fabs on my truck.

I like these but where do they attach?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Wow your truck looks great! I will trade you anytime youd like.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #12
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2r6 View Post
I like these but where do they attach?
They screw into existing holes on your Tacoma. I installed mine in less than a hour. There are some other pics in my gallery.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #13

mr2r6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They screw into existing holes on your Tacoma. I installed mine in less than a hour. There are some other pics in my gallery.

Which holes??? In the frame or under the body? Sorry for such newbie questions. And how do I get to your gallery.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #14

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Which holes??? In the frame or under the body? Sorry for such newbie questions. And how do I get to your gallery.
They screw into the body. Should be some plastic plugs in the threaded holes. Just remove the plugs and your good to go.
Just click the camera under avatar to get into members galleries.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #15

mr2r6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They screw into the body. Should be some plastic plugs in the threaded holes. Just remove the plugs and your good to go.
Just click the camera under avatar to get into members galleries.

Thanks I think these would work great. Where did you get your from and whats the best price?
Thanks
Kiel
Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #16

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks I think these would work great. Where did you get your from and whats the best price?
Thanks
Kiel
I bought mine locally and paid about $375.00, but you should be able to find online and maybe save a little. N-fab makes step bars and markets them under several different names. There all about the same quality but different pricing. Search the internet and you will find them. Hope this helps.