Notices

New to the Toyota family.....

Old 03-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Canadian144 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Canadian144's Tacoma Gallery
New to the Toyota family.....

Hey everyone,

We just traded in our '09 F150 FX4 luxury edition supercab (fully loaded minus navigation) for an '11 Tacoma and a '10 4Runner. The F150 was an AMAZING truck.... if we ever get another fullsize it will definitely be an F150. It's just too big for driving in the city. Really really really wide... and the gas mileage sucked (didn't mind until fuel shot up). Long story short, we had been looking to get a 4Runner or Pathfinder for a few months.... almost worked out a deal with Nissan for a Frontier + Pathfinder but they wouldn't accept our offer. After going to the autoshow, we noticed how nice the 4Runner was.... especially the seats. The Nissan seats have NO side support.... whereas the 4Runner/Taco seats are much nicer.

So we ended up with a demo '10 4Runner Trail edition, and an '11 Tacoma Double cab TRD sport long bed with leather an auto. Would have gone with the manual but we need the long bed for hauling ATVs and dirtbikes! Wanted to get the TRD off-road package as well, but it's not offered for double cabs up here in Canada.

Picking up the 4Runner on Tuesday, and the Taco later in the week/early next week.

The dealer is installing the following parts on the Tacoma: skid plate, bed extender, tonneau cover, bluetooth, and TRD exhaust. Would have installed them all myself but dealer said the parts would have no warranty.... so we worked it into the deal. Also going to call tomorrow about the roof racks.... they look good.

Long term plans for the Tacoma are pretty simple.... TRD CAI, trailer brake controller, different wheels/tires, and the TRD supercharger kit. For the 4Runner just the TRD CAI, a leather steering wheel (trail comes with a crappy plastic one), and some aftermarket wheels/tires as well.

Pics will be posted once we pick up the vehicles.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian144 View Post
Hey everyone,

We just traded in our '09 F150 FX4 luxury edition supercab (fully loaded minus navigation) for an '11 Tacoma and a '10 4Runner. The F150 was an AMAZING truck.... if we ever get another fullsize it will definitely be an F150. It's just too big for driving in the city. Really really really wide... and the gas mileage sucked (didn't mind until fuel shot up). Long story short, we had been looking to get a 4Runner or Pathfinder for a few months.... almost worked out a deal with Nissan for a Frontier + Pathfinder but they wouldn't accept our offer. After going to the autoshow, we noticed how nice the 4Runner was.... especially the seats. The Nissan seats have NO side support.... whereas the 4Runner/Taco seats are much nicer.

So we ended up with a demo '10 4Runner Trail edition, and an '11 Tacoma Double cab TRD sport long bed with leather an auto. Would have gone with the manual but we need the long bed for hauling ATVs and dirtbikes! Wanted to get the TRD off-road package as well, but it's not offered for double cabs up here in Canada.

Picking up the 4Runner on Tuesday, and the Taco later in the week/early next week.

The dealer is installing the following parts on the Tacoma: skid plate, bed extender, tonneau cover, bluetooth, and TRD exhaust. Would have installed them all myself but dealer said the parts would have no warranty.... so we worked it into the deal. Also going to call tomorrow about the roof racks.... they look good.

Long term plans for the Tacoma are pretty simple.... TRD CAI, trailer brake controller, different wheels/tires, and the TRD supercharger kit. For the 4Runner just the TRD CAI, a leather steering wheel (trail comes with a crappy plastic one), and some aftermarket wheels/tires as well.

Pics will be posted once we pick up the vehicles.
You will love them both! I have a 2010 Tacoma TRD Offroad DC 4x4 and a 2010 4Runner Limited 4x4 and couldn't be happier! Welcome to TW!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Thanks for the welcome, you have great taste! haha.

It was a tough choice between the Limited and TE. Picked the TE for a few reasons... one being it was a demo with 2500km (so got it with a great discount), as well as the capabilities of it and the overall look. Planning to install Katzkin heated leather seats for it sometime in the near future.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, you have great taste! haha.

It was a tough choice between the Limited and TE. Picked the TE for a few reasons... one being it was a demo with 2500km (so got it with a great discount), as well as the capabilities of it and the overall look. Planning to install Katzkin heated leather seats for it sometime in the near future.
I wanted the trail...but I bought it as a surprise gift for my wife and knew she liked the limited and not the TE. Sweet...make sure to post pics when you get everything!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Ohio...
Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new vehicles welcome to TW!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Oklahoma. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Can't wait to pick them up now haha
Old 03-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw from just up hwy 400
Old 03-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
welcome to tw from just up hwy 400
You're from Barrie I take it? Looks like we have identical trucks (going by the pics in your gallery). I don't really like the stock TRD sport wheels but yours look really good all blacked out!

Any kind of GTA-wide meet that you know of? It would be cool to do a little get-together sometime in the summer!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're from Barrie I take it? Looks like we have identical trucks (going by the pics in your gallery). I don't really like the stock TRD sport wheels but yours look really good all blacked out!

Any kind of GTA-wide meet that you know of? It would be cool to do a little get-together sometime in the summer!
yup

we are having a meet april 17 in the vaughn mills area. check it out here

http://www.sontt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1395
Old 03-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
yup

we are having a meet april 17 in the vaughn mills area. check it out here

http://www.sontt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1395
Great, thanks for the link. Hopefully I'll be able to make it! I'll have to join that forum when I have the chance. I'll be going by the same username.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #14

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Great, thanks for the link. Hopefully I'll be able to make it! I'll have to join that forum when I have the chance. I'll be going by the same username.

they organize day and weekend offroading trips throughout ontario. good group of guys and girls

they have a few ideas posted up about different trips ideas you can check out