Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

My GF's new Tacoma - Double Cab TRD

Old 03-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Name: Steve
EasyDoesIt's Tacoma Gallery
My GF's new Tacoma - Double Cab TRD

My name is Steve and my GF just picked up a 2011 Double Cab 4x4 TRD OR and I couldn't be happier. We live in Chicago but I grew up in Southern Utah and would frequent Moab and the local sand dunes on a regular basis. I use to own a 98 TRD back in 2001 but after I rolled it my insurance dropped me and I couldn't afford it....oops. I'm older and a little wiser now so that shouldn't happen again . Ive owned and taken offroad a CJ-7, Dakota, Explorer, and even a Suburban but nothing compares to a Tacoma!

Yes its her truck but im helping with payments and she has given me the green light to mod it as long as I don't make it longer or too much wider (parallel parking in the city can be tricky).

Ill be searching and asking questions about lifts (functional not mall wheelers), rims, bumpers, and that great looking satoshi grill mod.

The truck will be debadged and I'm trying to figure out how I can get the tailgate stamped "TOYOTA" like the 70's pickups had.

Any who...that's my intro and if you made it through the whole thing feel free to post links for any of the above mods.

edit: added pic

Old 03-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to tw and congrats
Old 03-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
for the sticker ask this guy

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sockmonkey/

welcome to TW from cali
Old 03-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
nice, congrats!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
My name is Steve and my GF just picked up a 2011 Double Cab 4x4 TRD OR and I couldn't be happier. We live in Chicago but I grew up in Southern Utah and would frequent Moab and the local sand dunes on a regular basis. I use to own a 98 TRD back in 2001 but after I rolled it my insurance dropped me and I couldn't afford it....oops. I'm older and a little wiser now so that shouldn't happen again . Ive owned and taken offroad a CJ-7, Dakota, Explorer, and even a Suburban but nothing compares to a Tacoma!

Yes its her truck but im helping with payments and she has given me the green light to mod it as long as I don't make it longer or too much wider (parallel parking in the city can be tricky).

Ill be searching and asking questions about lifts (functional not mall wheelers), rims, bumpers, and that great looking satoshi grill mod.

The truck will be debadged and I'm trying to figure out how I can get the tailgate stamped "TOYOTA" like the 70's pickups had.

Any who...that's my intro and if you made it through the whole thing feel free to post links for any of the above mods.

edit: added pic

Nice, exactly like mine but mine is an 06. Great choice!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
for the sticker ask this guy

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sockmonkey/

welcome to TW from cali
he said stamped not a sticker

like this?
Old 03-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
Not Mine
EasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to beholdEasyDoesIt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
he said stamped not a sticker

like this?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
I love what you do for me. . . TOYOTA!
PuluMobile has a spectacular aura aboutPuluMobile has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Hawaii Air National Guard, 154 MDG
Name: Jordan
PuluMobile's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Tacoma! I've got the same; except mines is a SR5 4X4.
What's gonna be the first Mod?
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
your girlfriend said no longer or wider

how bout vertical?

i say your first mod should be to ditch the stock rugged fails and get a 3 foot lift and some 54in boggers
Old 03-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #11
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from North Carolina! Good choice, but is it me or does she have the pants in the relationship? haha jk
Old 03-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
Not Mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
your girlfriend said no longer or wider

how bout vertical?

i say your first mod should be to ditch the stock rugged fails and get a 3 foot lift and some 54in boggers
All in good time...all in good time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Welcome from North Carolina! Good choice, but is it me or does she have the pants in the relationship? haha jk
Ha, I knew that was coming....I have a company ride, 2 motorcycles and live in the city so parking is always a premium, needless to say I couldn't justify another vehicle. I'm fortunate that I have a cool gf. Oh yeah we both wear pants .
Old 03-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #13
Not Mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuluMobile View Post
Nice Tacoma! I've got the same; except mines is a SR5 4X4.
What's gonna be the first Mod?
Debadging and Grill.