Bought my 3rd Tacoma in Spokane

Old 03-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
elroy135 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: KC-135 Pilot
Name: Justin
elroy135's Tacoma Gallery
Bought my 3rd Tacoma in Spokane

Hey ya'll,

I'm a Taco-owner-for-life, born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, and I'm enjoying my new temporary playground: the Pacific Northwest. I found this awesome website while I was shopping around for my newest Tacoma. I settled on and bought a 2006 Tacoma Sport 4x4 V6. Pics below.

This isn't my first Tacoma; in fact, I've owned three and I swear by them. I bought a 2000 V6 PreRunner brand new off the lot and drove the wheels off of it. In fact, I drove it across the country twice; once north-to-south (N Dakota to San Antonio) and back, then east-to-west (Savannah to Spokane).

I loved that truck, but I soon found that the roads and hills of eastern washington were too much for the PreRunner, especially in the winter. I was "forced" to upgrade to a 2003 Tacoma 4x4 V6. Here is a pic of my son washing it for me (yeah, you have to start 'em young!).

I love the doublecab and will probably never go back. It's just too nice to have the extra room with the fam. However, I only had this truck for a year. By the way, sometimes black ice is more than any 4x4 can handle... I was cruising to work one morning this past December, and hit a patch coming around a small bend in this road (I was doing 35 in a 45 mph zone). The back end stepped out before I knew it and after spinning 180° I ended up in a ditch with the truck laying on the passenger side. The State Trooper couldn't find any rubber on the road, so I slid the whole way and hit the frozen ground (it was 20°F outside) in the ditch going 35 still. Luckily, I climbed out without a scratch, but the insurance company totaled the truck. Here's pic of the damage once they flipped it back on the tires and pulled it out of the ditch.

But sad stories aside, I have a paid-for truck that's like a blank canvas.
With my previous trucks, I didn't have the money to modify them substantially, but this time around I'm itchin' to get as far from stock as soon as possible. I already purchased the WeatherTech floorliners based on reviews on this website and like 'em already. I've already ordered by 4x4 switch light and I'm considering giving SockMonkey a PM for some of his badging. Any other must-have ideas out there?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #4
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Ya! Performance or suspension. Good looking truck but time to use for its intended purpose and play!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 PM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Congrats on getting another Taco.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:51 AM   #10
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest! I used to live in Spokane (graduate from Gonzaga) and I know what you mean about the black ice. Can be some scary stuff...
Old 03-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #11
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Pullman; I'm often in Spokane around Gonzaga on weekends.

Which dealer did you use for your latest Taco if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-28-2011, 01:16 AM   #12
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the addiction they call TW!

There are no long term effects, but it's harder to kick than black tar heroin.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #13
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome intro. Welcome.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Ya! Performance or suspension. Good looking truck but time to use for its intended purpose and play!
Yes, it is... Bought a copy of Back Roads of Washington from REI. can't wait to explore some of 'em around here.
BTW, love the Las Vegas area... I'm down there about 4 times a year for business. Wish I could bring my truck one of these times.. I bet there's some good trails up by Red Rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I'll be keeping an eye out for you around base HAHAHA Tacomas are everywhere!
Sweet. She's parked in that lot from 7-5. Our normal one is behind the construction fence. I'll look for you around, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmgt View Post
Welcome from Pullman; I'm often in Spokane around Gonzaga on weekends.

Which dealer did you use for your latest Taco if you don't mind me asking?
A used car lot off Highway 2, Crosspointe Autoplex. I bought the 1st gen down in the valley at New Deal Used Cars. Both places are nice and have military-friendly salesmen/managers. Check out this link: www.spokaneusedcars.com

To my fellow Spokan-ites...?, any recommendations are trails or off-road parks in the area?

To everyone else, thanks for the great welcome.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome good sir. I'll keep my eye out for u.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopyTaco View Post
Welcome good sir. I'll keep my eye out for u.
Do you have any recommendations on which shop to use around the Spokane area for lifts and suspension work/expertise?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #18
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy135 View Post
Do you have any recommendations on which shop to use around the Spokane area for lifts and suspension work/expertise?

Welcome to the site!!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:05 PM   #19
TacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AL
TacoAL's Tacoma Gallery
Good to have ya here. Let us know if you will be back in the good 'ole South. (Savannah is one hell of a party town)
Old 04-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #20
Beerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerrun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Beerrun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
im iver in Coeur d'Alene. im not familiar with any shops around spokane but i do know there is a Custom Truck shop in cda (i want to think theres on in spokane too). anyways i avoid them cause i dont like how they treat their customers. i went in there a few years ago when i was barely 16 and just had my liscense to talk about getting a bedliner for my truck. it was a dodge dakota at the time. anyways since i was young they were not helpful and kinda just blew me off as i asked questions. sorry, im not giving them my business.
just my 2 cents tho, take it or leave it.
Agreed, They treated me like shit before I could become a costumer. I was across the street from there CDA store today and thought to myself, I'll never spend a dime there.