Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello from Canada, eh!

Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
RogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud of
Firefighter: Deputy Chief
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from Canada, eh!

Ahem. (Taps on mike). Hi all, I'm new here (and to Tacomas), and just stopped in to say hello. Hello! Nice place you all have here.

I'm the owner of a one week old white '11 4x4 Access Cab, 2.7l 5-speed Pics to come soon. I supervise a half dozen logging crews, putting on as many as a thousand miles a week, more than half of them on logging roads of varying quality. Some times 70mph, sometimes slower than walking pace, dragging behind a Cat D7 dozer. Brutal on a truck, just brutal. This should be a good test for Toyota reliability.
I sold a regular cab V8 Silverado that served me half decent, but was just killing me with the fuel bill, not to mention repairs were starting to pile up (I'm paid by the mile, and keep meticulous expense records--last year, my fuel mileage was 13.44 mpg, and maintenance/repairs were just over $2900).

I figure on keeping it for around 120K, and then taking advantage of what hopefully will still be good resale value, keeping in mind what it'll have gone through. My first tank of fuel netted me 18.5mpg, and if this keeps up, I'll be tickled pink, as the fuel savings will make half my payment. So far, the little four cylinder has me quite pleased--not a whole lot of power, but what is there is nice and torquey.

I've already installed Weahteretech mats, ventshades, a trailer hitch, Sirius radio, cellphone booster, cb radio, and a two-way radio should be installed before the end of the week. New 10 ply tires will be replacing the stockers tomorrow.

Anyhoo, I won't bore you all anymore, so bye bye for now...
Old 03-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck, Roger.

Welcome from Ohio...
Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! What part of NB?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
RogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud of
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
Rogersville, but I work out of Miramichi.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Saint John Roger, congrats on the new truck.....You're gonna love it!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to TW!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #9
Canadian144 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
Canadian144's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum, good to see more Canadians haha
Old 03-29-2011, 02:51 AM   #10
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the warm welcome, all!
Old 03-29-2011, 02:53 AM   #11
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
Herro.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #12
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from the Lower 48 (almost the Mexican border)!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #13
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Welcome from the Lower 48 (almost the Mexican border)!

Thanks!

Where does the snow in your avatar come from?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRZ View Post
Thanks!

Where does the snow in your avatar come from?
The sky!

Where does it come from in Canada?

(okay, just having fun, eh...? photo taken near Pine Valley, about 4,000 ft. elev. east of San Diego. Snow and most rain comes down from the northwest off Alaska, or Pacific basin off Japan).
Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
mcguire is on a distinguished road

Name: andrew
mcguire's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! i was unaware there were others on here from N.B