1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally Got My Taco!!! (Merritt Is., FL)

Discussion in 'New Members' started by GatorLou, May 2, 2011.

1. May 2, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    GatorLou

GatorLou [OP] Member

Member:
    Merritt Island, FL
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Roof Racks, Blu-Logic
    Thought I'd never get out of that luxury SUV - my wife's 05 Acura MDX. A great car, but a bear to haul around a boat or load up with fix-it stuff. We started to blame each other for who treated it the worse.

To make matters worse we had a boocoo miles on the Acura - close to 100K. Tried to sell it private. Even with the mileage, the book value was around $18000. I even brought the price down to $14250. But no one could get it financed.

So traded-in and belly-up to a 07 Taco, Pre-Runner, TRD Sport, double cab with 48K miles on it. It was certified, and we got the 100K, 8year BTB wrapper. Cost us an arm and leg - man!!! But,they gave us $13,000 on the Acura - which was about $2K more than any other Toy dealership.

Love the new truck. I put the roof racks on myself (very easy), and this weekend I'm about to install the Blu Logic bluetooth adapter. Eventually might need the step tubes or stainless steel running boards - to reach the stuff on the roof rack!!! :cool: But, did notice recently a slight valve tapping noise. Had two different dealers look at it - said "normal," and not a problem. Hope that's right :eek:

Got to haul some stuff the other day - sweet!!! :D

2. May 2, 2011 at 6:21 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    Welcome to TW!

3. May 2, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    FLtaco

FLtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Cocoa beach, fl
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner dc
    Painted stock wheels, bfg km2s, 5100s front and rear, tc spindles, add a leaf, 3" block, debaged, flowmaster exhaust, 2nd air filter removed, wheel spacers and k&n air filter
    Welcome to tw. And welcome from viera fl like 10 minutes away wave neighbor.

Products Discussed in

To Top