Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Looking at a Tacoma

Old 05-20-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
porsche2nr is on a distinguished road
porsche2nr's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at a Tacoma

Hey guys, I dont own a Tacoma yet as I'm trying to trade in my 05 Xterra. I know that I want a double cab auto as of right now but I have a couple of questions if somebody could answer. Whats the difference between the TRD and SR5 packages? I drive about 90 percent on paved roads and the other 10 percent on "improved" trails. Should the diff lock be sufficent or would it be better to go ahead and get the 4wd? I rarely use the 4wd on the Xterra. Are there any reputable dealers around the Artesia New Mexico area 88210? So far I only found 2. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jonathon
Old 05-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #2
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

The diff lock is only usable for short duration up to 5MPH... so if traction is of concern go with the 4x4. The diff lock will bail you out of a stuck position.