Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

gas price going up...

Old 05-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
gas price going up...

hey guys,
since gas has been going up so high, I dont know if I should get a tacoma?!
I love the truck but the gas is a killer!!!

$3 a gallon?! come on!! What happened to $1.5???!!! Those were the best yrs!!!

If i fill up a 20 gallon tanks... that's $60 bucks!!! it ain't cheap!!

*sigh*...
what to do.. what to do??!!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkfeeney View Post
$3 a gallon?! come on!! What happened to $1.5???!!! Those were the best yrs!!!
You're paying $3??! I'm in LA, $3 would create a line around the block.

The mileage isn't that bad on Tacomas, especially compared to other pickups. Of course it depends on your driving habits, etc.

Oh and welcome to TW!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
get the tacoma......in the long run(and short for that matter), you'll be glad you did! get the 4 cyl if you are worried about gas prices. i got the 4.0v6....and i get around 19 mpg....pretty good for a v6!
Old 05-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i remember when i started driving that i was getting gas for my 71 c-10 at $.89 cent a gallon...and that was only 9 years ago when i was 15
Old 05-22-2007, 05:26 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
It really boils down to what you need the vehicle to do...

If you need a truck for light duty (not hauling 10,000 lbs at once), then the Tacoma is the way to go. Reliability, dependability, usability, resale, and economy are the reasons I got my truck. It hasn't really let me down.

Granted, I was hoping to get 28 MPG out of it, but I drive it hard. I average 22-24 MPG around town and 24 MPG on the highway out of my 2.7L PreRunner. With that said, the 4.0L V6 gets GREAT mileage for its power, size, and capability!

I would definitely go with the Tacoma if you need a truck. If you don't need a truck, and you want a powerful and capable people hauler, get the V6 Rav4 4WD! I love driving my wife's Rav4!

It all boils down to what you need...
Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
gas just hit 3$ here yesterday
Old 05-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thats one thing i loved in sc...the lowest gas prices in the nation. they go up about 15 cent a gallon from sumter, sc to fayetteville, nc. i always fill up in sc when i'm coming back...haha
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #8
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
It was $3.30 here in Texas just outside of Dallas, this weekend!!!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #9
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
wow 3.05 in orlando welcome to TW hopefully the price of gas would not turn you away from purchasing one. i think it's the best choice they're reliable vehicles for long term ownership. check out our gallery it might persuade you to purchase one right away
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 AM   #10
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

how far do you guys get from a tank of gas?
do you guys fill like $20,$30, $40?

I want this to be my 2nd vechicle for the weekends. A back up just in case.
but if I want it, I want to go all out with TRD off-rd. 4x4 with automatic and towing!! AWESOME!!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:12 AM   #11
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
With my PreRunner 2.7L I run about 400 - 480 miles per tank with a few ounces left to spare. I usually fill up from $50 - $60 depending on where I go and how much I need.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #12
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
mine i just paid $53 this morning
Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 AM   #13
evolution6972 is on a distinguished road

evolution6972's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to evolution6972
yea i payed 3.15 a gallon on reg for my returning of my rent a car it went up about 15 pennies then today i went to samsclub and payed 50.71 on gas 3.12 on premium my eyes are still out there at the pump from when i turned around and saw my price
Old 05-30-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
$3.00/gal would be a dream. Here in L.A. the very best you can find is around $3.35/gal. With the average being more like $3.45-55/gal. Ive seen $3.75 at a few places for 87.

I would not recommend the V6 if you are worried about fuel economy. I get around 16-17 mpg driving real easy. Of course this is a brand new truck (~500 total miles) and i do 100% street driving. im hoping it will get a bit better after my first oil change and with age.

So far, 3/4 tank lasts me about 2 weeks and I fill up for about $50-53. I fill up at 1/4 tank, not empty. I put 91 in last time to see if it would do any better. With 1/3 tank gone, i dont notice much of a difference. Albeit, the engine runs WAY smoother and it seems to have more power. Any way you look at it, $100-110 per month for gas is pretty good.

Now that i think about it, it only gets about 2 mpg less than my 1990 4 cyl. toyota pickup (carb). So im not that disappointed.

Besides that, the truck is flat out awesome. I get stares from everybody when im driving down the street. Especially from those guys who bought those other trucks.

As much as I dont like the fuel economy, I could never trade it in.

Ted
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 AM   #15
EvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvilBetty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EvilBetty's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2K miles on my truck as of this morning. I got 22.87 MPG off the last tank.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

i'm coming up on 15k miles on my 07 and i'm getting 350-400 if i'm lucky...and thats mixed interstate and city driving.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #17

anyone from CA or HI paying $4 a gallon??
that's when I know not to get a truck!! A little yaris would do just fine!
I love how the state tax and the oil company is making all the money. I think Hydrogen is going to take off big for Honda! Those Flex-fuel thing sucks. It gives you NO no good gas mileage. Expensive! Hard to transport! and No corn for us and animal to eat!!! DUMB IDEA!!!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator

well part of whats happening is that farmers are getting paid in places to not grow corn at all. that drives up the price, which also drives up the costs for E-85. i've seen very few places that actually sell it as well. we need to do like brazil did and completely come off oil for fuel period. they did it w/ sugar, so why cant we just go take over brazil to get their sugar like we did to iraq to try to take over their oil??? haha
Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #19
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
they did it w/ sugar, so why cant we just go take over brazil to get their sugar like we did to iraq to try to take over their oil??? haha
Yeah, thats why we have such cheap gas prices. Because we "invaded" Iraq for their oil. Crap, i think ill fill my swimming pool with all of the surplus oil we stoled from Iraq. Quit watching CNN.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonKs View Post
Yeah, thats why we have such cheap gas prices. Because we "invaded" Iraq for their oil. Crap, i think ill fill my swimming pool with all of the surplus oil we stoled from Iraq. Quit watching CNN.
What happened w/ that is the country actually stood up to ol bushy boy and knew he'd get his booty kicked out if he did what he wanted to do. tying iraq to 9/11 by means of wmd's and all is crap. we destroyed that place for nothing. i was just over there in november and the only people that want us there or care what we did are the ones on base making money of the soldiers. they all hate us b/c our prez is a dumbass. iraqi's were paying a nickel a gallon for gas and taking it across the borders into kuwait and iran and selling it and making millions. the entire world knows why we went over there and bushy wont do it now b/c he'd prove them right...and heaven forbid that the usa be proven wrong. with an impressive rating of 20-something %, he sure is doing us proud. i guess that means that texas has 20+% of the country's population...haha